progress44

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have this laptop:

Toshiba Satellite C660-1MG

specs:

1. Intel core i3 2310m Works using 1 core

2. 4GB 1333MHZ DDR3 Ram Works!

3. NVidia GeForce 315m Works! I guess because of Graphics Enabler = Yes. It isn't detected (Graphics Unknown nVidia card 1024 MB) but that's not important as long as it works.

4. Atheros AR9007 (Not Sure) Works! With kexts found on kexts.com

5. Realtek RTL8136 (Not sure if 8136 or 8196) Does not work! But I got Wi-Fi so this is not important for me.

6. Not sure about my Audio Card Works! Using VoodooHDA I think it's version 2.7

7. Card Reader Works!

8. USBs Work!

9. Lion 10.7.4 (updating to 10.7.5)

10. (Tried Mountain Lion but the kexts that work on Lion didn't work there so I'm sticking with Lion for a little bit)

My Problem:

My cpu has 2 cores and 4 logic cores.

When I boot without the "cpus=1" flag, OSX starts and loads, everything works. The only problem is that is stops every second. It doesn't restart. Just stops for like 200ms or so and starts again. I don't know how to explain this another way. It becomes extremely slow.

When I add the "cpus=1" flag, it works and it doesn't have this continuous stopping.

I don't use a DSDT file, but when I installed ML I tried a modified DSDT that I found in the Internet and then it started working normally with all four cores.

You would think that I solved the problem but that's not true because that DSDT didn't work on Lion.

I checked the original DSDT (the one that is loaded by the system when no custom DSDT is provided) and it doesn't have Alias entries under _PR (cpu). And that is the oddest part.

The system never panics, neither with the "cpus=1" flag nor without it.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

If I wasn't clear enough just ask. :)

Thanks.

Maybe it's more than 200ms now that I'm thinking about it because 200ms wouldn't be noticeable.