I have this laptop:
Toshiba Satellite C660-1MG
- Intel core i3 2310m Works using 1 core
- 4GB 1333MHZ DDR3 Ram Works!
- NVidia GeForce 315m Works! I guess because of Graphics Enabler = Yes. It isn't detected (Graphics Unknown nVidia card 1024 MB) but that's not important as long as it works.
- Atheros AR9007 (Not Sure) Works! With kexts found on kexts.com
- Realtek RTL8136 (Not sure if 8136 or 8196) Does not work! But I got Wi-Fi so this is not important for me.
- Not sure about my Audio Card Works! Using VoodooHDA I think it's version 2.7
- Card Reader Works!
- USBs Work!
- Lion 10.7.4 (updating to 10.7.5)
- (Tried Mountain Lion but the kexts that work on Lion didn't work there so I'm sticking with Lion for a little bit)
My cpu has 2 cores and 4 logic cores.
When I boot without the "cpus=1" flag, OSX starts and loads, everything works. The only problem is that is stops every second. It doesn't restart. Just stops for like 200ms or so and starts again. I don't know how to explain this another way. It becomes extremely slow.
When I add the "cpus=1" flag, it works and it doesn't have this continuous stopping.
I don't use a DSDT file, but when I installed ML I tried a modified DSDT that I found in the Internet and then it started working normally with all four cores.
You would think that I solved the problem but that's not true because that DSDT didn't work on Lion.
I checked the original DSDT (the one that is loaded by the system when no custom DSDT is provided) and it doesn't have Alias entries under _PR (cpu). And that is the oddest part.
The system never panics, neither with the "cpus=1" flag nor without it.
Does anyone have any idea why this happens?
If I wasn't clear enough just ask.
Maybe it's more than 200ms now that I'm thinking about it because 200ms wouldn't be noticeable.