• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ibanezbass

Ibanezbass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay, so I've just got my system up and running and I'm consistently running into KP because of the VoodooHDA kext and the UseKernelCache=no problem. However, if I rebuild kext caches and use kernel cache, I get an HPET KP, "No Battery" with VoodooBattery, and half of my USB ports don't work. I don't have any kexts in the Extra folder and I don't have the AppleHPET.kext.

I was thinking about removing the VoodooHDA. Is it possible to get Audio through DSDT patches? I don't know a whole lot about this as I've used Mac hardware mostly in the past. Thanks!

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,466 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

if use voodoohda , remove applehda sometimes together kp or use applehdadisabler.kext

AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip

to use kernel cache all kext must be in s/l/e

and run this on terminal

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

to rebuild correctly the cache

good hack

Ibanezbass

Ibanezbass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'll try to rebuild the kext cache like you've said, but all kexts are in s/l/e. As for AppleHDA, I deleted it a while back.

tepaks

tepaks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48 +
    x86/x64 PC
    x86/x64 iHack
WoodooHDA is known to cause KP if you have video card with HDMI out. I suggest: edit VoodooHDA info.plist by adding your audio device id.
HDAdisabler is obsolete if you remove AppleHDA.kext.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy