• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

q111

q111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire V3 which Windows 7 on the HDD. I have OS X 10.8 installed onto a USB external hard drive which can be loaded from a mac with no problems. At the moment the hard drive is ignored in boot up despite being listed first. I figure I need some bootloader software installed in order to recognise the USB and allow it to be loaded.

My question finally then is which bootloader is suitable for this purpose ie installed on Windows 7 now and when I restart I can boot from the USB hard drive. Thanks for any help.

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
You need to install Chameleon to that hard drive. Also, you must add FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and any other kexts your system will need to the /Extra/Extensions folder on the Chameleon drive. A Mac drive will not just simply boot up on a PC.
EDIT: If you want to use the same drive on both a Mac and a PC, create a new partition and put Chameleon and the Extra folder on that.

q111

q111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You need to install Chameleon to that hard drive. Also, you must add FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the /Extra/Extensions folder on the Chameleon drive. A Mac drive will not just simply boot up on a PC.

Ok thanks for the reply.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,904 posts
Wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy