HP EnVy SleekBook 4t mountain lion

hiwa

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys i am trying to install niresh 1.8 or retail method on this nice notebook

Ivybridge i5

Hd4000

Bcn4313 wifi i kniw doeasnt work

Rlt lan

I get "still waiting for root device after com.apple.applefsccompressiontypedataless load succeeded After booting before Starts install.

Tried all flags we can imagine... Without passing this part.

Also tried niresh hp flag but no way

I am using f.0a bios latest one and asked to hp support they. Said ahci Sata mode is seted by default.

Using cpus=1 to pass APIC kp

Using usb2 and also tried usbbugfix=yes

Pcirootuid=1 and 0

Usekernelcache=no

Graphicsenabler=yes and no

img20120921140242.jpg

any help will be appreciated.

the flag isn't USBBugFix=Yes, it is USBBusFix=Yes.

other than that, does your ultrabook have Intel Rapid Cache technology enabled and does it have a small SSD cache drive.

the flag isn't USBBugFix=Yes, it is USBBusFix=Yes.

other than that, does your ultrabook have Intel Rapid Cache technology enabled and does it have a small SSD cache drive.

typo erro sorry it was USBBusFix=yes

i passed them all deleting hpet.kext now and stuck at

com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx

http://www8.hp.com/ch/de/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5293917&jumpid=reg_r1002_chde_c-001_title_r0001

this is full spec of my ultrabook, in the bios there is no options to change, i have only one 500gb hdd.

I've got an HP Envy 4T (4-1043CL), and it has a 30GB mSata drive that is used to support fast booting (6GB), as well as caching (24GB); after I updated the mSata to 128GB, I was presented with an Intel RAID configuration ROM (CTRL-I), but can't access it unless I make a hardware change (like swapping the mSata drives out again).

Right now I'm not using the mSata for fast boot or for caching, and I have two OS(s) installed and running (Linux Mint, and Windows 7); I also have a SnowLeo DVD that recognized the mSata drive and allowed me to install, but I still cannot boot.. I can get to the Chimera boot sceen, but I can't boot with any of the kernel flags (-v -f -x cpus=1 arch=x86_64 busratio=20 pcirootuid=0/1 graphicsenabler=yes/no usekernelcache=no usbbusfix=yes npci=0x2000/0x3000 platform=ACPI/x86pc, etc..).

What I'm hoping to find out, is how do I know what these setting should be for my laptop.. what sort of cookie crumbs should I be following to see if I can determine what they should be? Since no one has cracked this nut (that I am aware of), I haven't been able to find a graceful solution to this yet..

Here are my system specs (before the mSata upgrade):

HP_Envy4T_Specs.txt

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,,!!

Thanks, in advance!

btw: Mint boots in about 5 seconds..

• 2 months later...

@ Hiwa I am in the process of setting up my HP Envy 17t-3200. You have the USB 3.0 kext but try booting with -f -v. If you see the USBF lines following PXHCD, then your USB will not load and you will see still waiting for root device. The only way I am able to avoid the USBF lines is to use -f when booting.

Hi guys i am trying to install niresh 1.8 or retail method on this nice notebook

Ivybridge i5

Hd4000

Bcn4313 wifi i kniw doeasnt work

Rlt lan

I get "still waiting for root device after com.apple.applefsccompressiontypedataless load succeeded After booting before Starts install.

Tried all flags we can imagine... Without passing this part.

Also tried niresh hp flag but no way

I am using f.0a bios latest one and asked to hp support they. Said ahci Sata mode is seted by default.

Using cpus=1 to pass APIC kp

Using usb2 and also tried usbbugfix=yes

Pcirootuid=1 and 0

Usekernelcache=no

Graphicsenabler=yes and no

img20120921140242.jpg

any help will be appreciated.

"Still waiting for root device" boot with npci=0x3000

What install disk are you using?