• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

djwappy

djwappy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I successfully installed 10.6.6 however my DVD drive dont seems to be showing up, it did on my 10.5.2 install how to fix that?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,905 posts
Hey, Steve!

This subject is quite relevant for me, since i have a similar issue, but with my PATA Windows7 disk, which can't be seen from OSX. What exactly do you mean with "

osx is using only ONE drive as master"?

Thank you!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,905 posts
I see! But look, i have only one pata, precisely the Win7 disk. All the other 3 plus the optical drive are SATA.

However, OSX can't detect my Win7 PATA disk altogether. Tried to switch to IDE SATA to no avail (in IDE mode i can't even boot, and this was expected, since SATA mode changes won't affect PATA disks, i suppose). Installing ATIata (my chipset is AMD) didn't solve the problem, too.

You said "as master", does it matter when there's only one PATA disk?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts
If there's only one drive it should be connected to the end of the cable and jumpered as master already.

You need to find a driver for the controller that the drive is attached to, if ATIATA doesn't work, look for something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy