Mountain Lion installed just ironing out some kinks

b0dyr0ck2008

42 posts in this topic

I have installed mountain lion via usb and is sort of working.

I have windows 7 installed and installed ML on a partition on a second hdd. It seems I can only boot into ML with the boot usb attached. I have changed bios to ahdc (or whatever) from sata. If i remove the usb drive I dont get the option to boot from ML even when entering boot options. Also Windows will not load unless I change bios back to Sata. I'm guessing that is something to do with Sata kexts?

Ok so I have now managed to set up MBR to show windows 7 and mac OS. Pressing f12 at boot brings up the correct boot options. Select mac OS and chameleon boot loader kicks in as it should. Choose the mac partition and boot with -v and I now get a hang at Mach_kernel

Also I have what seems to be a common fault with the geforce GTS450, when switching to dual display I get a blue screen and have to hard reset. Is there not a fix for this?

Found if I boot up with both screens on then I get extended display fine, its just resolution or mirroring changes that return a blue screen.

Audio, I'm using optical out from the MB and have had a few issues installing AppleHDA or VoodooHDA to get this working. Last night I finally managed to install voodooHDA without KP but still no audio output.

There has been some amazing progress with this at another site and now has SPDIF output working via DSDT.aml - but with my ongoing boot issues I'm still without fully working audio.

Also sleep doesn't work. The monitor turns off but the system is still powered, and can't wake from this state.

As of yet that seems to be the only issues I have come across so all is not that bad. Any advice for the above would be great. I'll carry on reading and see if I come across something.

I'm an old hat at windows but never really played with mac. So how do I know if everything is working as it should?

My Specs:

• Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W)
  • Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
  • GeIL Black Dragon 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTS450 1GB
  • 2 x 500GB SATA Seagate HDD
  • Corsair TX 650W PSU

Edited by b0dyr0ck2008

A bit more playing and I got as far as boot0:done - hang. So I followed this guide:

How to fix the boot0 error for your Hackintosh

Using the Chameleon files instead. Still only getting boot0:done - hang but boots fine with the ###### usb.

I have now realised that as I installed windows whilst I had RAID set-up that I will have to manually swap the BIOS when I wish to boot osx86.

ok, this is the second option for install it, download binarios chameleon folder i386

1. open the folder i386 and copy boot1h for your USBInstaller.

2. boot from USBinstaller and go for utilities and open app Terminal

3. type diskutil list for identified your disk and partition were you installed of system ML = ex: disk0s2

4. type diskutil unmount disk0s2

5. type cd /

6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/diskXsY bs=4096

7. reboot

in steep 6 diskXsY is : X your disk and Y your partition

Ok so I have now managed to set up MBR to show windows 7 and mac OS. Pressing f12 at boot brings up the correct boot options. Select mac OS and chameleon boot loader kicks in as it should. Choose the mac partition and boot with -v and I now get a hang at Mach_kernel

null_zpsaa8934c5.jpg

So I was thinking about the USB boot and had a look inside the preboot.dmg and saw extensions.mkext so copied that over to /extra. Doing this booted the system part way but froze on:

Error parsing plist file

Patched DMI table

Both with and without -x

So that didn't work. The boot files are there but it keeps stalling on something. Whilst stuck on the screen I noticed I'm running an old version of chameleon so I'm going to update that to the newest and so if that helps.

By all means anybody chip in at any time to point me in the right direction

Didn't see your response....

Oh it's all going wrong now. Booting from USB panics:

post-158008-13485939469186_thumb.jpg

I've only got VMWare as an alternative Mac and that wont see the USB drive for some reason.

EDIT: don't worry, got it. I'll post the results shortly.

Added the extras folder you supplied to the USB install drive /extras(not /extra/extra ;)) rebooted and booted from USB and still kernel:

post-158008-13486038586879_thumb.jpg

I'm starting to think it may be worth wiping and reinstalling.

Put this Extra in root of your disk or if you need for boot your installer put in your USBInstaller, boot with -f -v

Extra.zip

Post results

Decided to start fresh. So formatted partition and reinstalled OS X following the vanilla install guide on here. Copied your supplied extra folder to root and reboot from hdd with -v -f.

No panics but freeze:

post-158008-13486648638978_thumb.jpg