iCloud for AMD hackintoshes: a workaround.

theconnactic

71 posts in this topic

Hi guys, if i have a fully working Intel machine, an Asus X55C with 10.10.1 Yosemite, and i desktop AMD 1090T Gigabyte 990XA GTX660 OC fully working too(but can't login to iCloud), what do i have to do to migrate my working Intel account on AMD in the fastest way? I've a usb hdd where i can clone easily with CCC, already done a lot of times...

The only thing that remains before having a totally working AMD hackintosh is iCloud, and some graphic glitches with Nvidia drivers, but i'm satisfied

Can' migrate from Intel 10.10.1 to 10.10 amd :(

Can' migrate from Intel 10.10.1 to 10.10 amd :(

Same problem for me(

Method with copying files from system on Intel to system on AMD work's great on Maverics, but does't fully work on Yosemite.

It shows my account with unavailable buttons, some checkboxes for apps are checked. But need to confirm my account, after entering password window with error loaded ( existing AppleID, but not valid for iCloud). Strange because I use it on 10.9.5, iPad, iPhone.

At same time able to login in every app (Calendar, Contacts, etc.) with iCloud account data and successfully use iCloud synchronization. After connection to iCloud account in all apps, System Preferences still show my account with unavailable buttons, all checkboxes for apps are checked.

I think that problem caused by kernel. Once I used kernel for Maverics and I don't be able to login, exactly as now.

• 5 months later...

In any case, I decided to install Yosemite 10.4 into one of my spare MacBooks and backup the necessary folders/files. hope it works.

ps. I did try restoring from a Mavericks backup but I'm getting the same issue Ipukraine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi friends, this is a crazy but... these files can be taken from iOS or a stupid idea  :) I have iPad Air and iPhone 4S and don't mac machine for now,just my mind today?! Look with iFile but not found nothing for now. Sorry for my english! Regards! 

stupid idea :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have fully worked iCloud. I already tried two times and it works after every try.

1. clean install 10.10.1 (every version below 10.10.5 maybe works too)

2. replace iCloud files with this method - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282821-icloud-for-amd-hackintoshes-a-workaround/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1976421

3. after previous step iCloud panel will display my account in System preferences, but account can't be validated, and so can't be edited

4. ok, just begin to setup your iCloud account in every app (Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, Mail). If you open iCloud panel in System preferences after these setups you may see that checkboxes will be ticked for every of these apps, but your account still can't be validated and edited

5. now you have to update to 10.10.4 or 10.10.5 

6. after update iCloud begin works fully, system does not want to validate your account anymore. I don't know how but it just works after update!

post-302440-0-40743700-1443171457_thumb.pngpost-302440-0-33729200-1443171469_thumb.png

• Like 4

Hi, I'm a beginner with MACs/Hackintoshes and new on this forum.

I've used this method with Migration Assistant successfully. I've started with 10.10.1 running in Virtualbox where iCloud is working. And migrated my user account from virtualbox to my AMD hack.

The funny thing is that iCloud works on virtualbox with a fresh yosemite install. I've checked "nvram -p" on virtualbox and there's no MLB/ROM set (iMessage doesn't work, iCloud does).

So I've tried to copy the identity from the virtualbox to my amd hack (serial, uuid). But the apple services keep reporting that "this mac can't be identified" for the amd hack. No such issue for virtualbox. As the OP has said looks the kernel is playing a large role in getting iCloud working.

Hi, I'm a beginner with MACs/Hackintoshes and new on this forum.

I've used this method with Migration Assistant successfully. I've started with 10.10.1 running in Virtualbox where iCloud is working. And migrated my user account from virtualbox to my AMD hack.

The funny thing is that iCloud works on virtualbox with a fresh yosemite install. I've checked "nvram -p" on virtualbox and there's no MLB/ROM set (iMessage doesn't work, iCloud does).

So I've tried to copy the identity from the virtualbox to my amd hack (serial, uuid). But the apple services keep reporting that "this mac can't be identified" for the amd hack. No such issue for virtualbox. As the OP has said looks the kernel is playing a large role in getting iCloud working.

You can try this - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282821-icloud-for-amd-hackintoshes-a-workaround/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2170205

Thanks for the link. Its daunting to go back to 10.10.1 and then upgrade back to 10.10.5. I've already spent 4 days - I also have to spend some of my time to WORK. :)

iCloud works, but just keep asking me for password on every reboot. But keeps working when I click Cancel. It looks it will work as long as the iCloud session key will not be expired. Hopefully it has no time limit.

Anyway what I noticed is this:

* the vanilla 10.10.5 on virtual box doesn't have MLB set, but have working IOPower numbers (output from iMessage_debug 2)

* my amd hack (custom kernel spakk 10105) on 10.10.5 doesn't have IOPower numbers

* the rest is the same (I copied all numbers from virtualbox to my amd hack through smbios.plist)

Is there a way to get IOPower numbers working on amd? (is this because of nullcpupowermanagement.kext?)

@Ipukraine,

iCloud working even after rebooting?

Yes, spakk. iCloud works, sync works very well in every app.

Months ago when I for first time installed OS (10.10.1 was installed) iCloud didn't want to work with Duran's method when need to replace files from Intel hack (this method works for me on Mavericks). iCloud panel was displayed in System Preferences but was not able to make any changes and account need to be verified with password. So at that time I decided to setup my iCloud account in every app which use sync (Contact, Calendar, Notes, Reminders). Just opened every app and manually added new account with my iCloud account data.

When Tora Chi made a kernel and kext with which we able to update to newer versions I decide to update, as I remember update was to 10.10.3 version. Update was installed and after reboot iCloud start to work normally. Just start to work without need to enter password to validate my account. From that time I successfully used iCloud for full. Successfully updated to 10.10.4 without problems with iCloud.

As you remember a couple weeks ago we had to do some replacements to successfully update to 10.10.5. At that time I decide to update to 10.10.5, but without success( And so need to reinstall OS X.

So I again installed 10.10.1. And also I needed to setup iCloud again. And I decided to try to repeat steps with updates. I replace iCloud files on 10.10.1. Again iCloud panel was displayed in System Preferences but was not able to make any changes and account need to be verified with password. Again setup iCloud account in apps. And then I install 10.10.4 update. And iCloud works again after update.

When 10.10.5 kernel appeared I successfully updated to this version. iCloud still works, every function.

• Like 1

@Ipukraine,

as soon as I have more time, I'll test it with my hackintosh, if that works. But first of all, thanks to research and very good description, I think that every user can try to according to your description. Great work and many thanks!

• Like 1

Has anyone tried IPUkraine's method on 10.10.2 and above? Also where can I find installer for 10.10.1? it's not available anymore! :(

You can try any version below 10.10.5, for example 10.10.3 or 10.10.4. You need to pass the update process. Have to work.
  • Like 1

can you please explain what you exactly meant by setup my iCloud account in all iCloud app? thank you so much

OK.

Open any app which use iCloud sync. For example Calendar.app

1. click on the Calendar menu item at the left top

2. click on the Add new account

3. select CalDav (don't select iCloud in the list) and click on the Continue

4. select Manually from the dropdown

5. enter your login (****@icloud.com) and password

6. enter caldav.icloud.com in the server field

7. click on the Continue

Now you have connected iCloud calendar. You can open iCloud panel in System Preferences and you have to see that checkbox for Calendar is ticked.

In this way you have to add iCloud account in every app (Notes, Reminders, Mail, Contacts), just open app and add new account (but don't select iCloud in list), you have to add new account manually.

For adding account in Contacts and Mail you have to enter correct servers in settings, you may to use this article - http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/how-to-setup-icloud-email/

For Notes, Reminder you may to use - www.icloud.com

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...