ML no network although kext is loaded and controllers correctly recognized

d3xmeister

2 posts in this topic

I managed to install ML, everything works great except for network.

Firts tried with the integrated controller! RTL8111B which worked great in SL and Lion with the RTL8169 kext. In System Information, the controller is correctly recognized, device ID correct, kext shows loaded and in use.

Also tried with a PCI D-Link using a RTL8169S chipset which also is correctly recognised, device ID correct, kext loaded etc.

The problem is I have no netwok connections in System Preferences/Network, and I cannot add any. I also checked in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and there is no networkinterfaces.plist and the other .plist for network (don't remember how it's called)

Whan can I do, what is blocking the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext to work ? I tried many versions, includin official newest from Realtek, older from SL and Lion etc but all have the same problem. In the chameleon plist I have built in ethernet set to yes.

How I installed: from usb drive folowing this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280756&st=0. Then installed from ###### ML edition: Elliot Force Legacy RTC, Patched AppleRTC, Evoreboot, Chimera bootloader.

Finally managed to get it working. Although I was using Kext utility for every try, i thought I give it a shot with Kext wizard. After installing I checked the repair permitions boxes on Kext Wizard. Now it's working

Edit: Actually I realized why the network ia now working. Any time I tried, I was actually loading the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext into Plugin folder of IONetworkingFamily.kext. Last time I was loading it directly into Extensions, and that's why it works.