Have you ever wanted to know which version of bootloader is installed on your disk(s), had the need to dump your BIOS from OS X, just curious about your own system setup or been asked to provide your setup information to others when asking for assistance?
DarwinDumper is a useful collection of already available tools, and scripts wrapped in an application framework giving you a convenient method to quickly gather a system overview of your hack or Mac.
The system dumps are saved in an organised DarwinDumperReports folder in the same directory as the main application, along with an html report showing a complete overview. And rest assured that enabling the privacy option will mask the IOPlatformSerialNumber, IOPlatformUUID, IOMACAddress(s), USB Serial Number(s), SystemSerialNumber, serial-number, fmm-mobileme-token-FMM, MLB and ROM efi vars in the dumped files and report.
The following can be read and dumped by DarwinDumper:
- ACPI tables.
- Audio codec and further info.
- Boot loaders and configuration files.
- Disk partition structure / info.
- Disk sectors (hex).
- DMI (SMBIOS).
- I/O Kit Registry.
- EFI Memory Map.
- EFI vars (some).
- Kernel information
- Kexts - (list of currently loaded kexts).
- NVRAM (both Apple specific and UEFI firmware variables).
- SMC Keys.
- LSPCI (PCI vendor & device codes) dumps.
- System Profiler.
- System BIOS.
- System Log(s).
- Video BIOS.
- bdmesg - Created by Kabyl - Source
- cmosDumperForOsx - Originally by rafirafi, revised extensively by STLVNUB - Source
- dmidecode - OS X 10.6 -> 10.9 - compiled by THe KiNG (10.5 version compiled by Slice) - Source - Original nongnu.org
- smbios-reader - Source - Original nongnu.org
- edid-decode - By Adam Jackson - Source
- fdisk440 - Source - Original Apple fdisk
- FirmwareMemoryMap - latest version compiled by dmazar, previous versions by bcc9. Source Original Amit Singh
- flashrom - OS X 10.5 -> 10.9 - this version compiled by Slice, previous version by THe KiNG. - Source
- genconfig - OS X ? -> 10.9 - by Slice - Source
- getcodecid - OS X 10.7 -> 10.9 - By AnV - Source
- getdump - OS X 10.5 (I think) -> 10.9 - Created by ? - Source topic
- gfxutil - Created and compiled by mcmatrix - Source
- iasl - OS X 10.5 -> 10.9 - compiled by Slice - Source topic - Original - Intel/acpica.org
- ioregwv - OS X 10.6 -> 10.9 - compiled by blackosx - Source - Original - Apple's ioreg
- lzma - OS X 10.5 -> 10.9 - compiled by Slice - Source - Original - LZMA SDK
- oclinfo - by cmf - Source
- pciutils driver (DirectHW.kext) - compiled by THe KiNG. 32bit version - compiled by Slice - Source
- pciutils lspci v3.2.0 - OS X 10.5 -> 10.9 - compiled by smile, previous version by THe KiNG. - Source - Original - Martin Mares
- RadeonDump - OS X 10.5 -> 10.9 - originally by dong, updated by Andy Vandijck - Source
- radeon_bios_decode - OS X 10.5 -> 10.9 - originally by dong, updated by Andy Vandijck - Source
- SMC_util3 (Former Apple System Management Control (SMC) tool 0.01) - Compiled by Slice - Source
- VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.2 - OS X 10.5 (I think) -> 10.9 - Created by ? - Source topic
DarwinDumper was originally inspired as an open project by Trauma. It has remained an open project and please keep it an open project, so if you make any changes or additions to it then please share your work at projectosx's main development topic.
The app has gone through many tests and tweaks already, and will continue to evolve so please report any feedback, requests or bugs.
Credits (in alphabetical order):
Adam Jackson, Amit Singh, Andy Vandijck, Apple Inc., bcc9, blackosx, cmf, dmazar, dong, droplets, Intel Corporation, JrCs, Kabyl, Kynnder, Martin Mareš, mcmatrix, phcoder, rafirafi, гык-sse2, Slice ,sonotone, STLVNUB, THe KiNG, Trauma, xsmile, !Xabbu.