• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

reeso3000

reeso3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Excellent mate. Yeah if you would send me the model of the wifi card.

Btw for multitouch mouse pad you can go here:
http://forum.osxlati...iver-(Mac-OS-X)

The developer here has created a working multitouch kext.

Great! works brilliant thank you so much- I used version 3.5 if anyone is interested  :D

The wireless card I am using is AR5B93 and as I said worked straight out of the box (also as stated has no bluetooth but I don't need it so doesn't bother me)

Need to do some more research into sleep (also noticed after installing the touchpad kext the power button stopped putting it into any kind of sleep).

Also For your info i installed osx on an external hdd (as a backup boot option) while I had a mac and also updated to 10.9.2 before applying clover and the files Sammity provided and can confirm everything still working sweet with the latest update.

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
That's so cool. Thanks. I hope you manage to resolve the sleep issue.

Btw, does QE/CI work OK on the laptop screen?

reeso3000

reeso3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

That's so cool. Thanks. I hope you manage to resolve the sleep issue.

Btw, does QE/CI work OK on the laptop screen?

Cheers mate!

Qe/CI seems to work fine - tested with playing chess, checking a screen saver and enabling the ripple effect on widgets (that's what google told me to do ;p)

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Awesome!! I'm so looking forward to trying this on my ultrabook. If I get stuck I will PM you. Update this thread if you get anything else working better than before.

reeso3000

reeso3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Awesome!! I'm so looking forward to trying this on my ultrabook. If I get stuck I will PM you. Update this thread if you get anything else working better than before.

Hope it goes well for you mate :D quick update for you as it seems like its just me and you now ;p (sorry for the Hijack Sammity if your still about!). I used the machine all evening - surfing, installing apps, downloading, watching some tv shows etc and no problems  so must say I am chuffed! also got usb3 working with a modded kext (will share later which one later but in work at the mo) but still no dice with the sleep mode though - tried lots of different settings in config.plist (some manual edits and also using clover configurator) and did have a little dabble with dsdt (couldn't get the mods to compile - need to read more on dsdt)  also tried swapping chameleon with clover as well (alot of it stabbing in the dark to be fair) needless to say had a lot of kernel panics and failed boots (where the bootable usb came in very handy to fix any mishap!)

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Hi there,

With the elan kext, did you have to set any modifiers or plist changes to get everything to work like brightness or the Fn keys

reeso3000

reeso3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi there,

With the elan kext, did you have to set any modifiers or plist changes to get everything to work like brightness or the Fn keys

I changed the colour profile to sort the screen - generic rgb looks good in my opinion (as it was too washed out) as there doesn't seem to be an option but there is an app you can get to do it but I didn't find it that good (brightness slider). As for the other f keys f5 turns off muse, f6,f7 and f8 control volume ok - make sure you press the fn key or fn lock

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Cool. Which is the Fn lock key on Windows or Mac?

reeso3000

reeso3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Cool. Which is the Fn lock key on Windows or Mac?

Its located next to f12 but when active f11 doesn't hide all windows and f12 doesn't bring up the widgets as it does when off - if you want it on just for the action hold fn located next to ctrl in the bottom left. You had any luck with sleep yet? I have tried so many different things without any luck and dsdt changes are just not happening for me

reeso3000

reeso3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Sorry for the double post - Any luck on sleep? I noticed that if you tell it to sleep and leave it 15-20 seconds on the black lit screen  it does seem to goto sleep but mine wakes immediately (guessing usb or something) but the biggest issue is the screen doesn't come back on. I can hear the os - volume buttons make a noise etc but screen stays off. I have tried various kexts, got some dsdt patches working but they did nothing and also tried a work around suggested by running a script to get the resolution to be refreshed with no luck.

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Really cool to see that 10.9 is working on this notebook, quick question, which version of clover are you using? Getting hd4000 working is really hard :) Did you extract the EDID and use it in clover or used the one of @Sammity?

thanks!

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Resso3000,

How is everything going with the latest 10.9 release on this laptop?

Do you have any updates or got anything else to work with this laptop?

Btw did you have to extract the EDID as Claudio A. asked?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks again.

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Sorry for the double post.

Resso3000,

How are things going with the Ultrabook?

Do you have any updates?

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
hello there,

I am having issues install Mavericks.

I have setup a USB installer and replaced the Clover files with that of Sammity.

This is the error I am getting:

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1402921100219.jpg   61.08KB   52 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ivy bridge, ML, Mountain Lion, Ultrabook, ar9285

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy