ML on Samsung NP530U3C Ultrabook

Sammity

40 posts in this topic

Hi there,

With the elan kext, did you have to set any modifiers or plist changes to get everything to work like brightness or the Fn keys

I changed the colour profile to sort the screen - generic rgb looks good in my opinion (as it was too washed out) as there doesn't seem to be an option but there is an app you can get to do it but I didn't find it that good (brightness slider). As for the other f keys f5 turns off muse, f6,f7 and f8 control volume ok - make sure you press the fn key or fn lock

Cool. Which is the Fn lock key on Windows or Mac?

Its located next to f12 but when active f11 doesn't hide all windows and f12 doesn't bring up the widgets as it does when off - if you want it on just for the action hold fn located next to ctrl in the bottom left. You had any luck with sleep yet? I have tried so many different things without any luck and dsdt changes are just not happening for me

Sorry for the double post - Any luck on sleep? I noticed that if you tell it to sleep and leave it 15-20 seconds on the black lit screen  it does seem to goto sleep but mine wakes immediately (guessing usb or something) but the biggest issue is the screen doesn't come back on. I can hear the os - volume buttons make a noise etc but screen stays off. I have tried various kexts, got some dsdt patches working but they did nothing and also tried a work around suggested by running a script to get the resolution to be refreshed with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Really cool to see that 10.9 is working on this notebook, quick question, which version of clover are you using? Getting hd4000 working is really hard :) Did you extract the EDID and use it in clover or used the one of @Sammity?

thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Resso3000,

How is everything going with the latest 10.9 release on this laptop?

Do you have any updates or got anything else to work with this laptop?

Btw did you have to extract the EDID as Claudio A. asked?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry for the extremely long absence but I've got some updates.

So I've tried to persist with the NP530U3C and have finally got QE/CI working.

The process:

Disable UEFI in Bios

1)Install ML onto Drive (I did this with an external HD)

2)Update to 10.8.4

3)Customise clover boot loader install with boot0af in mbr option selected.

4)Copy clover config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/ from samsung530U3C.zip folder overwrite the existing config.plist when prompted.

5)Copy dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched from samsung530U3C.zip folder

6)Install with kext wizard into S/L/E the attached kexts:

AppleSmartbatterymanager.kext

FakeSMC.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext

PXHCD.kext

and if you have swapped the wifi card like me to an atheros ar9285 the IO80211Family.kext

7) Using Kext wizard repair permissions and rebuild cache.

8) Put the drive back into the laptop and boot.

9) Rejoice that the laptop finally boots into OSX.

Ok no further testing has been done but QE/CI works, battery works, Wifi works.

Nothing else has been tested.

The following file is attached:

Samsung 530U3C.zip Contains the DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml, and the required kexts.

Please note I can't claim credit for all this as a lot of people have attempted to get this to work and I've just pieced it all together with my own tinkering.

Please search for Clover_v2_r1974.zip as this file is too big for me to upload.

Post edited to include attachments.

send me intel4000 kexts

• 2 weeks later...
post-677017-14161616951637_thumb.jpgalguém se sabe como posso resolver este problema ? O disk 0 que é o hdd aparece size=0 Free=0 , já tentei instalar o Windows e ele aparece me sempre a zero .. Faço clean e fica sempre igual .. Já testei o disco em outro pc e funciona corretamente , já experimentei um disco neste pc e também funciona corretamente .. Sinceramente não estou a ver qual a solução :/
  • Like 1