• 151 posts
Hi, first of all here are my specs:

Acer Aspire 5750G
Intel Core i7 2630QM
4GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GeForce GT 540M Optimus
Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
640GB HDD

I was mucking around with the BIOS and managed to disable the nVidia card and allocate no VRAM to the Intel HD Graphics hence turning off both graphics cards... :(

So now my laptop does not show any screen, I have tried restoring the BIOS with a USB and FN + ESC but that did not work.
As I have been trying to re-install the BIOS I think I may now have a corrupt one.

I am now looking at shorting the CMOS Jumper but not sure how and if this will work?!
I have found diffrent threads online saying to do this with a screwdriver and others not to use one.

I'm wondering what other peoples view is on this, as currently I have no system!!!

Thank you

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
I am moving this to the proper forum: notebooks.

Marugby123
InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

Zer0_byt3

Zer0_byt3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Tecnology, IT, Coding, Manga and Anime
Notebooks don't always have a CMOS jumper like desktop.
You should try to search for the CMOS battery on the motherboard, also if you would probably have to disassemble the whole notebook, and remove it for about 5 minutes, so the bios, remaining with no power, will return to the stock setting.
Hope this helped ^^
Good luck ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bios, acer, nvidia, cmos, intel hd 3000

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy