Intel Atom Barebone - Which Distribution should I take?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

samsn

samsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hey Guys,

I don't know whether this kind of hardware was already discussed here.
In Germany you can get the following fanless cooled Arctic (Cooling) Intel Atom D525 Barebone with D-GPU ATI 5450 (512 MB own Ram) for 120 Euros.
My Question is, whether you know if this cool thing is in anyway compatible with OS X 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8.

http://www.arctic.ac...03/mc001-e.html

My Hackintosh Expiriences were a long long time ago.

I would be glad if you can help me

Sorry for my bad Language!

Best Regards

sam

splonk

splonk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
The chip is supported with a patched kernel as I have 10.8.2 running on a D510 at the moment, however the link you provided lists an ATI Mobility 5430. I have another setup with an ATI 5450 which is natively supported, but I have no idea how different the two gpus are. The link also gives no details about the ethernet chip.

samsn

samsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Ok and the Intel MN10 Chipset is no problem? - Do you have a link to the kexts and perhaps to a guide? Thanks a lot!

samsn

samsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Would be great, if anybody can post his or her experiences with such a kind of hardware - Whatever i try (-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1) the Un1Beast Installer loads a lot of kexts, but at the moment when the OS X Installation Screen should show up, the PC restarts -.-

samsn

samsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have the following problem:

I'd like to Install OS X ML on this Barebone, and I is not my first Hackintosh Intallation:
(I have a MSI Wind Barebone, a Asrock ION 330, and a MSI Wind Book):
http://www.arctic.ac...7/mc001-bd.html

Posted Image

But neither with Unibeas, nor with myHack I don't even get to the Installation, after the loading of the last Kexts, the Barebone restarts, even if use PCIRootUID=0 or 1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No, or-x -v, i've tried everything of this in every Combination but nothing works!

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me; The Last Hope would be iAtkos, but from start there should be no Atom Compatiblity -.-

Thanks a lot!

Sam!

Matty0

Matty0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
within the bios of the motherboard, have you selected your HDD operation to be in AHCI? otherwise the install may fail to find the hard disk

samsn

samsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Yes i did!

samsn

samsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Can really nobody help me?
It has to be possible that OSX86 works with this Hardware! :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy