• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

MarkFreeman

MarkFreeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Replacing hex values did not work (kexts were not loaded), but with using FakeID I got black screen after apple logo. After further investigation I discovered I need custom framebuffer, because I have Gigabyte HD 6770 and I'm using dual-link dvi.

Edit: got it working with "Radeon" fb name and FakeID. 

mrdoax

mrdoax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hello, please i need help injecting iokitpersonalities to info.plist in fakesmc

My card is not working with any other method so I just need to try the info.plist injection but I don't quite understand what to copy/paste from your code.
Your code is very long so I don't want to mess things so much and inject only what i need...
My card is a Gigabyte hd 6770 1gb with DP, hdmi and DVI, Im using DP right now patched kexts in clover and ati injection FB Vervet. Card gets recognmized as 6770 but with only 3mb vram.

Please tell me, do I copy your entire code and replace it into my fakesmc info.plist? or do I copy your code and insert it in iokitpersonalities?
Thanks

radicalmonkey

radicalmonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Frankly, I didn't get how to use the fakesmc info.plist method, too. Auto-patch during boot with Clover doesn't work, either. But I was still able to patch AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext in S/L/E manually. Just copied these two to a desktop folder, right clicked on the kext file > Show Package Contents and then found and replaced 0x68B81002 string with 0x68BA1002 in info.plist of both kexts. Then installed the patched kexts with Kext Utility, waited until it rebuilt cache and that was it. My 6770 works like a charm in El Capitan now with the only drawback of being named Radeon 5000. Couldn't care less about it.

Codinger

Codinger

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 716 posts
  • Interests:Coding : Java

Languages : BG, DE, GB/US

Frankly, I didn't get how to use the fakesmc info.plist method, too. Auto-patch during boot with Clover doesn't work, either. But I was still able to patch AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext in S/L/E manually. Just copied these two to a desktop folder, right clicked on the kext file > Show Package Contents and then found and replaced 0x68B81002 string with 0x68BA1002 in info.plist of both kexts. Then installed the patched kexts with Kext Utility, waited until it rebuilt cache and that was it. My 6770 works like a charm in El Capitan now with the only drawback of being named Radeon 5000. Couldn't care less about it.

"model",
Buffer (0x13)
{
"AMD Radeon HD 6770"
},

inside gfx0 in dsdt

Replacing hex values did not work (kexts were not loaded), but with using FakeID I got black screen after apple logo. After further investigation I discovered I need custom framebuffer, because I have Gigabyte HD 6770 and I'm using dual-link dvi.

Edit: got it working with "Radeon" fb name and FakeID.

Just patch some FB to get all ports working

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,166 posts

A minor update of this topic - Clover (r3561) patch on the fly works fine with macOS 10.12 Sierra.

Attached File  sierra.png   1.06MB   8 downloads

HackMan85

HackMan85

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Computer e sapere informatico.

Is possible with my Ati radeon HD 6470m with id 0x67601002? this id is in AMD6000controller. i use el capitan

Dec_Bra1n

Dec_Bra1n

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine,Hackintosh,
    AMD hackintosh,
    Technology,

Is possible with my Ati radeon HD 6470m with id 0x67601002? this id is in AMD6000controller. i use el capitan

Try this i got success by this article but mine is Radeon 6770M 

http://www.hackintos...-on-hackintosh/

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,166 posts

Hi

Your device-id is already present in both kexts (AMD6000Controller.kext & AMDRadeonX3000.kext), so your graphics card should have native support.

Try in first to both with ATIInject = False (Clover) or GraphicsEnabler=No (Chameleon), no other specific boot flags needed.

HackMan85

HackMan85

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Computer e sapere informatico.

Try this i got success by this article but mine is Radeon 6770M 

http://www.hackintos...-on-hackintosh/

This guide don't work with my bios file k54ly.208. i hav renamed to k54ly.bin and universalextractor fail the extraction.

Hi

Your device-id is already present in both kexts (AMD6000Controller.kext & AMDRadeonX3000.kext), so your graphics card should have native support.

Try in first to both with ATIInject = False (Clover) or GraphicsEnabler=No (Chameleon), no other specific boot flags needed.

i use clover and with enabler and patch video bios i have the just resolution and on system information have the name of video card injected with 4 mb. Without enabler i have video card not recognized and 3mb of video.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,166 posts

Please post here your config.plist.

You may also to have to choose the right framebuffer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD 6770, QE/CI, OS X, ML, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy