USB Stopped Working

Shaneee

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

My USB Mouse and keyboard have stopped working on my 10.6.8 installation and my test 10.7 on my AMD Machine in my signature.

They were working before and I haven't changed anything to do with USB. How can I fix it?

Since it's 2 installs with same problem, look to bios config first, then maybe loose hardware connection from mobo, or a short caused by either a device plugged in, a smashed port or some debris in one of the ports. Hopefully it's not a failure for the entire board. If unable to find problem, check if windows or linux it has same problem to rule out complete hardware failure.

I would still suspect a bios setting, even if you didn't change them. Dying bios battery or even though it's AMD something could have triggered a cmos reset. I assume you tried different ports already

I would still suspect a bios setting, even if you didn't change them. Dying bios battery or even though it's AMD something could have triggered a cmos reset. I assume you tried different ports already

BIOS settings are fine and yes I have tried every USB port. Tried USB Fix and USB Legacy off and still nothing.