10.8 installer. Starting Darwin x86_64.

albertsw

70 posts in this topic

The installer with hidden files enabled:

http://cl.ly/image/422D0C1K0r3c

and extra folder screenshot:

http://cl.ly/image/3O412C0z3B11

Extra/Extensions folder is empty, Themes has the default theme and Modules has this "klibc.dylib" and "uClibcxx.dylib". They both open up terminal but nothing happens.

Thank You.

I forgot this but I actually did get beta 1 working when it was released with the steps you told be to try and it installed. Do you think I could install 10.8 beta 1 and upgrade to 10.8.1 with the combo update? I still have a copy of beta 1 so ill give it a try tomorrow.

Thank You.

I have exactly the same issue as you do. Spend a whole day without any success. Basically my desktop is the first gen i3-530, with gts450. It seems like there are a lot of people having the same trouble and they all seems to have NV fermi card.

I installed Lion with no problem at all. And I can use the USB disk to install ML on my X220 as well. It's so strange that the ML reboot on my desktop without even showing an error message. I suspect it is the issue of the NV driver which fails at switch resolutions for some fermi card. I heard that the driver in 10.8.1 is working (but not 10.8 and 10.8.2). Is your beta 1 upgrade to 10.8.1 method working?

You are correct that other people have had same issue without being able to say "here is the fix for reboot after Darwin" or whatever, but they almost all got it installed eventually by remaking USB, sometimes 3 or 4 times, resetting bios and then reconfiguring it from scratch, unplugging any and all peripheral devices and USB stuff, extra hard drives, etc. So making this work with what you got, vs buying known compatible hardware in advance, may take some effort and patience, but you can't keep bumping your own thread.