• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

stuart

stuart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hi there i currently installed atkos l2 disc to my dell inspiron n5010 laptop and ant get the following to work properly i tweaked few things and tryed to get it working myself before posting here i cant get the mouse pad or laptops internal keyboard to work or it to detect wireless card sound or ethernet any help is apreciated thanks for your time in advance

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts
Hardware needs drivers to work. To find out which drivers you need, you must first find out what hardware you have. "wireless, sound or ethernet" is about as non-specific as it gets.

Your keyboard and trackpad are probably PS2 so you'll need 3rd party drivers for those. OS X does not support PS2 devices, real Macs don't have them. I can't help you with the specifics, I haven't used PS2 devices for +5 years.

Nobody can help you with the rest unless you post at least make, model and maybe some device IDs.

stuart

stuart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hmm i removed windows without checking the hardware ill have to reinstall it on small hard drive and check

i found the wifi is wireless Broadcom 4313

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
go here and edit your device id of your card in info.plist of the kexts Brcm "Broadcom" : System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4331.kext

stuart

stuart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
sorry for being abit dumb but where is that and how do i do that? i got keboard touchpad and ethernet all working now thanks to ###### theres only wifi i need fixing :) so if you can help me in noob terms id be much apreciated

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
use this app for see pci id for your card Attached File  Systeminfo-Mac.zip   389.84KB   7 downloads

stuart

stuart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
BCM 4313 802.11B/G/N WIRELESS, INTEL S SERIES 3400 AUDIO ,ATI HD 5400 SERIES thease are drivers i need sorry for caps

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,669 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hi

that card don't work, is only the few things u can replace in a notebook

if was 4311 it works

but u can search here if found a kext

http://www.osx86.net.../9-network.html

good hack

stuart

stuart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
the wifi is sorted using diffrent card but internal sound is bit of a problem for me as i cant find a driver for it can anyone help? much apreciated

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
Attached File  VoodooHDA.zip   208.89KB   2 downloads

stuart

stuart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks everyone for all your help everything now working except i got 1 last little problem since installing this my laptop now overheats is there a generic i3 fan control driver or something to solve this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy