• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

justin0six

justin0six

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ooohh this is exciting. Unfortunately my computer is at work.

I don't get the TUFS error. I've been playing around with things a lot and haven't been notating real well.

At first I was only able to boot into safe mode. After I deleted the Geforce kext's I was able to boot normally, which obviously isn't good. I replaced my geforce kext's and the other graphics kext's with files I found on tonymac I believe. As far as I know, they were "factory" drivers. Yet I was able to boot into ML without going into safe mode.

Verbose - booting up looks smooth as can be as far as I know. I boot up just as fast as an actually Mac. Runs great aside from the graphics problem.

I really haven't made much progress though. At one point I was able to get 1920x1080, but without QE/CI. Ran like garbage.

I was able to get my card to run perfectly in Lion as well.

I probably won't be able to try these new drivers out tonight, so if they fix your problem - please share! :)

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I'll give em a shot and report back

justin0six

justin0six

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The new drivers are working!!!! The installer did not work for me though. I had to "show package contents" -> contents -> packages -> "show package contents" of webDriverPayload_68z6s -> extract Archive.pax.gz

bo0m all the kext files are there for you to manually install. It's a beautiful thing. I hope you get that other problem worked out (TUFS). It seems like it might be a network card issue, but I honestly have no clue lol.

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

The new drivers are working!!!! The installer did not work for me though. I had to "show package contents" -> contents -> packages -> "show package contents" of webDriverPayload_68z6s -> extract Archive.pax.gz

bo0m all the kext files are there for you to manually install. It's a beautiful thing. I hope you get that other problem worked out (TUFS). It seems like it might be a network card issue, but I honestly have no clue lol.

I noticed the same thing about all the drivers being right in there, but when I checked them they did not appear to have the device ID for our cards in there.... Did you have to modify yours prior to installing?

I used the installer to install mine for giggles and instead of getting stuck at TUFS, I now get a black screen. So, some progress I guess....

justin0six

justin0six

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Nope, I didnt have to modify mine. Which is odd i spose. So youre startin up completely w the dsmos msg then hitting a black screen?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,060 posts
Black screen is the best thing that could have happened. :)

Now you are saying WTF? Right. Boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and post a new IOreg and I will patch the DSDT for the black screen issue.

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I'm going to double check on my other installation, but on my new installation, doing graphicsenabler=yes has not gotten rid of the black screen... This was with the DSDT taken out, so maybe i'll try doing graphicsenabler with it back in. I'll have to do some testing.

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Ok, so after installing the new drivers, I have tried the following on my new mountain lion installation:

Repaired permissions from my Mountain Lion installation thumbdrive to see if maybe they just weren't installed properly.

Booted without your latest DSDT with both graphicsenabler=yes and graphicsenabler=no

Booted with your latest DSDT with both graphicsenabler=yes and graphicsenabler=no

Using the HDMI port instead of the Display port thinking it just may not be initializing the correct port.

A Voodoo dance.

Nothing seems to have helped :)

It is important to note that when I check it in verbose mode it says the NVDAGF100Hal.kext is "loaded and registered" and there are no geforce related issues to speak of.

Also, when the screen goes black there is no hard drive activity afterwards. I would think that if the system was still booting properly - yet without working graphics - that I would still see some activity.

justin0six

justin0six

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Do u have an old vid card u can try? And did u try installing kexts manually? The installer didnt work for me for whatever reason... Sounds like it installed properly tho. Hopefully someone w more exp than me has some input lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy