Some of you may know me from the thread "acer iconia w500" I have Snow Leopard Working on my Acer Iconia Tab W500
WIFI IS WORKING IN SNOW LEOPARD!!! HERE'S THE KEXT, INSTALL WITH KEXT UTILITY
IO80211Family.kext.zip 2.3MB 50 downloads
The ok news is that the WLAN driver(AR9002WB-1NG) is supported in 10.7.2 Lion OOB!
If someone could also help me create a USB stick to boot Lion 10.7.2 that would be great. I have tried anv_kernel, chocolate_kernel, and legacy_kernel, but all seem to have Kernel Panics. The mach_kernel is for intel and results in a black screen. We need a kernel and some kexts to prevent these kernel panics. iPortable X86 boots up fine, if we can use some kexts and especially kernels this will boot up Lion. Lion must be an install unless we copy the Library, System, etc, but lion must already be installed to copy these files.
How to Install Snow Leopard on Iconia W500:
Mac OS X is needed in order to install
1. Download iPortable by torrent, preferably 10.6.2
2. Partition the USB drive(atleast 8GB) with Master Boot Record and Mac OS X Extended(Journaled) 1 Partition
3. Run iportable x86 snow and copycatx will open, select backup and restore and also select your usb stick
4. Click the check mark once you click install, select iPortable x86 once it asks you where iPortable x86 is.
5. It should take about 20 minutes.
6. Once it's done click repair disk or the + icon
7. Once you open the application proceed to the install, BUT DO NOT INSTALL TO YOUR HARD DRIVE, select your usb stick and then install it.
8. Now your ready to boot the usb stick. Press F8 once the chameleon pops up and type -v busratio=8.
9. Once it boots you need to restore iportable to the SSD.
10. Create a partition atleast 10GB
11. Click on the partition and select restore.
12. For the source select iPortable x86 snow and for the destination select the partition you created.
13. Once it is done installing install the First aid icon or + icon in iportable snow and this time select the partition.
DONE! You have snow leopard now.
Option 1: Port the wlan driver to snow leopard.
Option 2: Use Lion 10.7.2 which works OOB. In my opinion which would I like to use is option 1 because I dont need to create a usb stick which is harder than iportable.
Video before wifi:
I will post a video with wifi soon. Also keep up with my w500 videos I will make one about my SSD upgrade to a 64gb