mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing
Hi,
I have nforce 680i sli board and installed 10.6.8.I get random hanging with keyboard and mouse not working.Sometime i get beachball spinning but cannot click any icons.Please help me.
I cannot figure out the problem.
Thanks

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,548 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >
Hi mediamac

OS X likes a USB keyboard and a USB mouse, rather than PS/2 or USB and PS/2 combinations. Are you using a USB keyboard and a USB mouse? If so, then:

1. Check your USB BIOS settings against my 680i BIOS template (links in my nForce OSX Snow Leopard topic)

2. Confirm that with >3GB RAM installed you are using slashack's AppleNForceATA.kext

3. Run some extended tests when booted using -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 debug=0x100 debug=0x144

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing
Hi Verdant,
Thanks for your reply.I have USB keyboard and mouse.

1.BIOS i will check with your posts.
2.I have more than 3GB ie 4GB
3.The system runs fine with cpus=1 but i am limiting the power of the CPU and it also runs little slow.

The panic causes suddenly when i lose the internet connection which i have to blame on the RTL 8139 which is not yet resolved.There is no solution for this PCI 8139 NIC.so i have to check with new ethernet PCI or as you told i have to use 8169 model.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy