• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

oliveiro

oliveiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

PLEASE attach your kexts. I have same CPU and would LOVE QE/CI! :)

Sorry, I'm away for the summer... anyway, I have no specific kext, except the chameleon patched file. But I recommend you follow the boot.plist injection option instead, starting with id 01660003, since you have the same CPU

joe_black

joe_black

h4ck1nt0sh3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Sorry, I'm away for the summer... anyway, I have no specific kext, except the chameleon patched file. But I recommend you follow the boot.plist injection option instead, starting with id 01660003, since you have the same CPU

I have tried 01660003 and it does not work. I need to know what else you must have done... Which SMBios, which version of ML and any custom kexts installed?

And just to verify, you're saying you have a translucent menu bar with a Pentium 2020M?

oliveiro

oliveiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I have tried 01660003 and it does not work. I need to know what else you must have done... Which SMBios, which version of ML and any custom kexts installed?

And just to verify, you're saying you have a translucent menu bar with a Pentium 2020M?

Hey, the least I can say is you're not helping me to help you... You only specify "same cpu"...

As a start I recommend you read this full thread from the beginning, especially post #14 about IgplatformId

Otherwise, there was this thread on tonymac where we discussed more detailed methods.

http://www.tonymacx8...html#post564109

As I said, I'm away from home and It's been a while now since I set this laptop up, so I'm afraid I can't help you more

than that.

cheers

joe_black

joe_black

h4ck1nt0sh3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Hey, the least I can say is you're not helping me to help you... You only specify "same cpu"...

As a start I recommend you read this full thread from the beginning, especially post #14 about IgplatformId

Otherwise, there was this thread on tonymac where we discussed more detailed methods.

http://www.tonymacx8...html#post564109

As I said, I'm away from home and It's been a while now since I set this laptop up, so I'm afraid I can't help you more

than that.

cheers

Yeah, I'm just asking because no one else has claimed to achieve QE/CI on a Pentium 2020M (IGPU=0x01568086) except you.

I've tried every IgplatformID, I've tried DSDT, I've tried every bootloader and every MEI-ID.

Spent about 3 weeks trying to get it working and I've read everything.

My primary issue is the AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext reports link failed (doesn't load) no matter which method I try.

Kext is stock (10.8.3+)

Asus X501A (Pentium 2020M / Intel HD Graphics 3rd gen (2500Mobile PNP-ID)

oliveiro

oliveiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Yeah, I'm just asking because no one else has claimed to achieve QE/CI on a Pentium 2020M (IGPU=0x01568086) except you.

I've tried every IgplatformID, I've tried DSDT, I've tried every bootloader and every MEI-ID.

Spent about 3 weeks trying to get it working and I've read everything.

My primary issue is the AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext reports link failed (doesn't load) no matter which method I try.

Kext is stock (10.8.3+)

Asus X501A (Pentium 2020M / Intel HD Graphics 3rd gen (2500Mobile PNP-ID)

Well your laptop seems close enough to mine

Try to check my first install method from the link to tonymacx86 I gave in previous post.

I guess that (if you're mainly using stock kexts) you'll have to investigate the registry, and be SURE that, whatever bootloader/method

you use to set the igplatformiD, the parameter is actually and correctly set. Once you find the proper method to inject/set that parameter,

test them all. (actually from what I remember, only a few ones match your config, depending on how many video outputs you have and on their type...)

I remember #3, #8 and #9 were supposed to potentially work on my config (which is 1 Panel + 1 hdmi + 1vga), but only #3 worked (i mean 01660003)

Anyway, VGA is NOT working, gives only garbled lines... HDMI and internal panel are ok.

Patching Chameleon 2177 source was not that complicated, you might want to try that. Otherwise, I guess the simplest method, and closest to mine,

is to use chameleon as a boot loader, use the boot.plist file to inject 01660003 into the "device-properties' line, and check with registry editor that your

igplatformid is set at the correct value. From there, with stock kexts, QE/CI should be working.......

joe_black

joe_black

h4ck1nt0sh3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Well your laptop seems close enough to mine

Try to check my first install method from the link to tonymacx86 I gave in previous post.

I guess that (if you're mainly using stock kexts) you'll have to investigate the registry, and be SURE that, whatever bootloader/method

you use to set the igplatformiD, the parameter is actually and correctly set. Once you find the proper method to inject/set that parameter,

test them all. (actually from what I remember, only a few ones match your config, depending on how many video outputs you have and on their type...)

I remember #3, #8 and #9 were supposed to potentially work on my config (which is 1 Panel + 1 hdmi + 1vga), but only #3 worked (i mean 01660003)

Anyway, VGA is NOT working, gives only garbled lines... HDMI and internal panel are ok.

Patching Chameleon 2177 source was not that complicated, you might want to try that. Otherwise, I guess the simplest method, and closest to mine,

is to use chameleon as a boot loader, use the boot.plist file to inject 01660003 into the "device-properties' line, and check with registry editor that your

igplatformid is set at the correct value. From there, with stock kexts, QE/CI should be working.......

BTW, the 2020M doesn't even have an HD 2500 so I still don't get how you managed to get QE/CI working.

Post a screenshot of your graphics in system profiler.

We both have 3rd gen HD Graphics not 2500. This is what I get:

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOAccelDisplayMachine22invertUpdateCopyMatri xE22IOAccelAffineTransform
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOAccelDisplayMachine25calculateUpdateCopyMa trixEjjjjj
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOAccelDisplayMachine41isCurrentFramebufferM odeAcceleratorBackedEj
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOGraphicsAccelerator17enableAcceleratorEv
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOGraphicsAccelerator18disableAcceleratorEv
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics - link failed.
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics failed to load (0xdc008016).
Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics (error 0xdc008016).

joe_black

joe_black

h4ck1nt0sh3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Ok so it LOOKS like my IOAcceleratorFamily.kext is being prelinked to an old version which is causing the unresolved symbols.

(Could have been a bad update)

I am currently reinstalling using retail ISO and will ensure update is completed properly.

Will report back!

joe_black

joe_black

h4ck1nt0sh3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Unsuccessful :(

For some reason IOAccelerator is prelinking an old version of the kext when the kernel boots and I can't figure out how to fix it, can't find any other IOAccelerator kext anywhere and I've cleared every piece of the cache

At least this is what I believe to be the cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy