Will HD 2500 work with ML 10.8

martisti

28 posts in this topic

Well your laptop seems close enough to mine

Try to check my first install method from the link to tonymacx86 I gave in previous post.

I guess that (if you're mainly using stock kexts) you'll have to investigate the registry, and be SURE that, whatever bootloader/method

you use to set the igplatformiD, the parameter is actually and correctly set. Once you find the proper method to inject/set that parameter,

test them all. (actually from what I remember, only a few ones match your config, depending on how many video outputs you have and on their type...)

I remember #3, #8 and #9 were supposed to potentially work on my config (which is 1 Panel + 1 hdmi + 1vga), but only #3 worked (i mean 01660003)

Anyway, VGA is NOT working, gives only garbled lines... HDMI and internal panel are ok.

Patching Chameleon 2177 source was not that complicated, you might want to try that. Otherwise, I guess the simplest method, and closest to mine,

is to use chameleon as a boot loader, use the boot.plist file to inject 01660003 into the "device-properties' line, and check with registry editor that your

igplatformid is set at the correct value. From there, with stock kexts, QE/CI should be working.......

BTW, the 2020M doesn't even have an HD 2500 so I still don't get how you managed to get QE/CI working.

Post a screenshot of your graphics in system profiler.

We both have 3rd gen HD Graphics not 2500. This is what I get:

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOAccelDisplayMachine22invertUpdateCopyMatri xE22IOAccelAffineTransform

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOAccelDisplayMachine25calculateUpdateCopyMa trixEjjjjj

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOAccelDisplayMachine41isCurrentFramebufferM odeAcceleratorBackedEj

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOGraphicsAccelerator17enableAcceleratorEv

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics]: __ZN21IOGraphicsAccelerator18disableAcceleratorEv

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics - link failed.

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics failed to load (0xdc008016).

Aug 4 15:32:19 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics (error 0xdc008016).

Ok so it LOOKS like my IOAcceleratorFamily.kext is being prelinked to an old version which is causing the unresolved symbols.

(Could have been a bad update)

I am currently reinstalling using retail ISO and will ensure update is completed properly.

Will report back!

Unsuccessful :(

For some reason IOAccelerator is prelinking an old version of the kext when the kernel boots and I can't figure out how to fix it, can't find any other IOAccelerator kext anywhere and I've cleared every piece of the cache

At least this is what I believe to be the cause.