• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

DJCannonball

DJCannonball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

ok  made it permanent with chameleon wizard.   booting just fine now  10.8.5  thanx a lot man!  :thumbsup_anim:  :D  :P

i still got a 2 hour difference  in time  when switching from osx  to windows  i heart it got someting to do with a dsdt file?

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Macs, anything with an engine, women, music, guitars, technology, etc.

ok  made it permanent with chameleon wizard.   booting just fine now  10.8.5  thanx a lot man!  :thumbsup_anim:  :D  :P

i still got a 2 hour difference  in time  when switching from osx  to windows  i heart it got someting to do with a dsdt file?

No that happens on real macs too. Download bootcamp software and install in windows and thatll fix it.

DJCannonball

DJCannonball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Awesome :lol:  :P   timezone is also fixed now.    a little side-note,  i had to install old bootcamp drivers v4  (v5 won't install) but did the job just fine.

also..  previously i had MacDrive instllaed on my windows-partition  for accessing OSX-partitions.   after reboot   macdrive was conflicting with bootcamp drivers,  so i removed macdrive  rebooted into windows again.  all of my partitions are accessible  including the osx-partitions under windows.

now that's kick-ass!   :D  :superman:

thanx again :thumbsup_anim:

dvst8ion

dvst8ion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

thanx asusg73

i had another go. i did what you said. updated to 10.8.5 via store.  update went ok.

after the update i lost wifi, sound and battery-info

i was able to restore audio  with ALC269 (like you said)

i was able to restore wifi  with your kext.

then i disabled kernal cache    (by using chameleon wizzard)

after that i installed iReddyBattery..  

reboot ->  still got a KP  :(

any idea how to restore this?  (restoring a previous image 10.8.3  does take 2,5 hours with paragon-software)

Is this Kext for the Wifi for the stock internal card? I have the intel card with Wimax. dont ever use wimax in windows anyway, but would be nice to use the built in wifi instead of my alfa external.

DJCannonball

DJCannonball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Is this Kext for the Wifi for the stock internal card? I have the intel card with Wimax. dont ever use wimax in windows anyway, but would be nice to use the built in wifi instead of my alfa external.

kext provided by asusg73 is for internal wifi (artheros) card   and works flawless  :thumbsup_anim:

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)

Anyone had any luck with Mavericks? I'm on 10.8.3 still and thinking I might skip 10.8.4 and 10.8.5 and move straight on up :)

Olarila have released a Mavericks USB image - need to give it a go when I get a minute, but I've been really busy with work recently. Plus I need to get around to updraging some of our NAS/Server kit so haven't had the time to play :P

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Macs, anything with an engine, women, music, guitars, technology, etc.

Anyone had any luck with Mavericks? I'm on 10.8.3 still and thinking I might skip 10.8.4 and 10.8.5 and move straight on up :)

Olarila have released a Mavericks USB image - need to give it a go when I get a minute, but I've been really busy with work recently. Plus I need to get around to updraging some of our NAS/Server kit so haven't had the time to play :P

Running Mavericks ATM my only issue is watching youtube on safari where the video gets corrupted and then i get a channel timeout. But using chrome works fine. I have everything else working including power nap.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Nice, that was quick. Have you posted a guide yet, or are you able to? :-)

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Nice, that was quick. Have you posted a guide yet, or are you able to? :-)

Its basically the same for 10.8...i updated as soon as it came out :P . Use enoch 2266 or higher or either it will just reboot, or iMessages won't work. Use the same dsdt etc etc. For Fermi users make sure to patch AGPM and FreezeFIx or you will have random freezes. Battery life is actually better than mountain lion too. I can get a little over three hours which is still nothing to brag about lol. For wifi if using Atheros, use the injector i posted. And thats about it B)

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Will have to give it a go when I get a minute. If I can get it all working, I might start a new thread with a guide. I am busy updating our server and some of our other kit atm - but will maybe get a chance to play this weekend :)

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Awesome :lol: :P timezone is also fixed now. a little side-note, i had to install old bootcamp drivers v4 (v5 won't install) but did the job just fine.

also.. previously i had MacDrive instllaed on my windows-partition for accessing OSX-partitions. after reboot macdrive was conflicting with bootcamp drivers, so i removed macdrive rebooted into windows again. all of my partitions are accessible including the osx-partitions under windows.

now that's kick-ass! :D :superman:
thanx again :thumbsup_anim:

Btw I meant to say - if you want boot camp version 5 do this:

1. Extract the version 5 archive
2. Goto BootCamp > Drivers > Apple
3. Drag the file "BootCamp.msi" to your desktop
4. Click start and in the search box type "cmd"
5. In the results you will see the terminal, right click and run as administrator
6. When the terminal opens browse to your desktop, and type "BootCamp.msi"

Run through the installer, you may get an error about some package missing, ignore it- this is because we dragged it out of the folder it was in with all the Mac only drivers. When installation is complete reboot.

Enjoy.

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Will have to give it a go when I get a minute. If I can get it all working, I might start a new thread with a guide. I am busy updating our server and some of our other kit atm - but will maybe get a chance to play this weekend :)

Ok good let me know if you need any other steps. I think hackintoshing might be a little more difficult in the future as Mavericks has begun to check S/L/E for each extension's signature so if you edit for example a kext in order to add your PCI address, the signature will be invalid and can be seen in console or when running kext utility. Not much of a problem now but who knows whats in store for the future...

Btw I meant to say - if you want boot camp version 5 do this:

1. Extract the version 5 archive
2. Goto BootCamp > Drivers > Apple
3. Drag the file "BootCamp.msi" to your desktop
4. Click start and in the search box type "cmd"
5. In the results you will see the terminal, right click and run as administrator
6. When the terminal opens browse to your desktop, and type "BootCamp.msi"

Run through the installer, you may get an error about some package missing, ignore it- this is because we dragged it out of the folder it was in with all the Mac only drivers. When installation is complete reboot.

Enjoy.

Thats weird mine ran fine...maybe mine is a macbook pro in disguise? :ph34r:

dvst8ion

dvst8ion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

kext provided by asusg73 is for internal wifi (artheros) card   and works flawless  :thumbsup_anim:

Of course i have an Intel chip.....

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Of course i have an Intel chip.....

You need to find another wifi card. Not one intel wifi card will ever work in OSX.

And also what laptop do you have? I don't think any of the g73sw's came with intel wifi card unless its a best buy model or the g73jh...

dvst8ion

dvst8ion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You need to find another wifi card. Not one intel wifi card will ever work in OSX.

I'll continue to use my Alfa for now. Unless you know of a artheros card that has Bluetooth built in that will work with your kext.

Also cant get my sleep to work or my backlit keyboard. And dont understand the dsdt thing

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

I'll continue to use my Alfa for now. Unless you know of a artheros card that has Bluetooth built in that will work with your kext.

Also cant get my sleep to work or my backlit keyboard. And dont understand the dsdt thing

What model is your asus?

dvst8ion

dvst8ion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What model is your asus?

G73sw-bst6

What model is your asus?

Sorry didn't see you asked that earlier.

I really would love to use OSX all the time but these are really hanging me up. I would love a better wifi card and if i have to get a new one I would prefer it have bluetooth if at all possible. But i think i need to address the DSDT thing first.

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

G73sw-bst6

Sorry didn't see you asked that earlier.

No problem. Ok thats why its the best buy model with the 1600x900 res screen. Bluetooth is omitted and i am not sure of any low profile wifi cards with bluetooth integrated in them...they are usually separate however. I would recommend checking ebay for wifi cards that may come with bluetooth but your best bet is getting one from a macbook and then either get a usb bluetooth or find the bluetooth module from a non-watered down g73sw.

A dsdt is recommend for the full experience of a hackintosh but if you don't want one, you can use SleepEnabler.kext for sleep without dsdt. Are you sure the keyboard is backlit?

dvst8ion

dvst8ion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

No problem. Ok thats why its the best buy model with the 1600x900 res screen. Bluetooth is omitted and i am not sure of any low profile wifi cards with bluetooth integrated in them...they are usually separate however. I would recommend checking ebay for wifi cards that may come with bluetooth but your best bet is getting one from a macbook and then either get a usb bluetooth or find the bluetooth module from a non-watered down g73sw.

A dsdt is recommend for the full experience of a hackintosh but if you don't want one, you can use SleepEnabler.kext for sleep without dsdt. Are you sure the keyboard is backlit?

Backlit in windows all the time. Just dont have the fancy underscreen blue led. And ive seen cards with bt4.0 and 802.1abgn dual band out there like atheros ar9462.

will the AR9380 Work in windows do you know?

asusg73

asusg73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Backlit in windows all the time. Just dont have the fancy underscreen blue led. And ive seen cards with bt4.0 and 802.1abgn dual band out there like atheros ar9462.

Ah ok. The under screen blue led is for the JH models on the SW models, the blue bar is there but no led's are in it. All you have to check for is if the card is half sized or it might not fit properly. If they are then you're set.

will the AR9380 Work in windows do you know?

Of course. Why not? But its a full height card so I'm not sure if it will fit properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy