Derty

18 posts in this topic

replace attachment in

/System/Library/Frameworks/

DVDPlayback.framework.zip

repair permisions

restart

this is the patch

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x49\x6E\x74\x65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|\x45\x78\x74\x 65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|g' /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback

in real macs for external or additional unit in mac pro

http://www.hardturm....k-with-any-mac/

• open a terminal
  • type (on a single line)

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

• Insert “mbasd=1″ in the <string></string> value below the <key>Kernel Flags</key> (If the string is not empty to begin with (it normally is), then use a space to separate the mbasd=1 from what’s already there). The file will then look like:

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC “-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN” “

<plist version=”1.0″>

<dict>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>
    mbasd=1
    </string>

</dict>

</plist>

application for switch DVD units

DVD Drive Switcher.app.zip

for 10.8.3

DVDPlayback.framework.zip

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on 10.8.2 and I've tried the DVDPlayback.framework fix and it works but I prefer to use the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext fix. Not only does it fix DVDPlayer but has the added benefit of making my apple keyboard eject button work as well. I've attached the file, you can either add it to /S/L/E or if you're already using IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext just copy the Info.plist from the attached kext and replace the existing one with this one. You will probably need to repair permissions if you copy the Info.plist so make sure and run sudo chmod 644 Info.plist and sudo chown root:wheel Info.plist. Rebuild the kext cache (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions) sudo cat /var/log/system.log to make sure the kext cache was rebuilt and reboot.

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip

• Like 3

I'm on 10.8.2 and I've tried the DVDPlayback.framework fix and it works but I prefer to use the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext fix. Not only does it fix DVDPlayer but has the added benefit of making my apple keyboard eject button work as well. I've attached the file, you can either add it to /S/L/E or if you're already using IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext just copy the Info.plist from the attached kext and replace the existing one with this one. You will probably need to repair permissions if you copy the Info.plist so make sure and run sudo chmod 644 Info.plist and sudo chown root:wheel Info.plist. Rebuild the kext cache (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions) sudo cat /var/log/system.log to make sure the kext cache was rebuilt and reboot.

None of them are not working on OS X10.8.2 :(

• 3 weeks later...

Many Thanks Bro, this kext worked for me. I'm on 10.8.2(12C60)... fix my DVD, HD's as internal and now eject botton work from keyboard :wink2:

• 1 month later...

Clover's method

<key>1</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
   <key>Find</key>
   <data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
  </dict>

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to start DVDPlayer and play backup DVD movies without a physical DVD drive?

Because I often copy physical DVDs to my HDD

- Just copy a whole DVD to a folder called Movie_Name

- Then add .dvdmedia to Movie_Name

DVDPlayer refuses to play Movie_Name.dvdmedia if there isn't a physical DVD drive plugged into my hackintosh.

Edit: problem solved here: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3785

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Everyone sorry for reviving a super old thread but I am having an issue with my mid 2012 Macbook Pro

I borrowed learning DVD's at the library for my sons learning but I cannot insert anything in the internal DVD Drive

I am getting: No disc burning device was found. If the device is external, make sure it’s connected and turned on.

A valid DVD drive could not b found [-70012]

The fixes here does not apply to me because I have an internal optical drive.

I opened my laptop and reseat the cables but it has no effect and I am on Sierra by the way.