dino3393

15 posts in this topic

hi i have a pc with:

asrock h67m

intel i5-2400 3.1ghz

ram 8gb

ssd ocz agility3 60gb

integrated graphics

can i install mountain lion? and if so, how? otherwise what video card do i buy? whereas the first one i have is enough for me. Thanks

Depends in what you mean by fully. It should, if anything ends up being incompatible it's usually wifi which can be replaced with working version if needed.

I solved the first problem but now says to me:/Applications/Install OS X Mountain Lion.app: No such file. You must buy OS X Mountain Lion from the App Store

I downloaded the file and put it in the Applications folder and renamed in: Install OS X Mountai Lion

renamed? Sorry I didn't actually read the guide since I didn't use one for Mountain Lion. Looks like that install.zip probably has a script inside, which is what the terminal command would run. You need to cd into the unzipped folder to run the script inside, which I don't see mentioned in the guide. So first unzip the archive, you should then have a folder with the same name but without the .zip extension. open terminal and type:

cd

then drag and drop the unzipped folder onto the terminal window, which will put the path to that folder into terminal for you and look something like this:

cd /Users/dino3393/Downloads/unzippedfolder

hit enter, and then you can follow the guide. If you downloaded a DMG, you can't just rename it or change the file extension to .app

I'll copy and paste in here a super quick guide I wrote for one of the ML developer previews, you may just need the OSInstall.mpkg from the guide's download if you are using a MBR drive.

Well, this was never a guide, just a really quick forum post, so take it as is:

My super fast easy method requires you don't install to MBR and that you have a hard drive with chameleon on it already that is new enough revision to boot ML. first, make empty partition available for installing onto on guid only drive, hfs+ formatted. RT click install ML app, mount InstallESD.dmg, navigate to basesystem.dmg which is hidden by default, enable show all files and mount it. restore basesystem.dmg from ML install app(to usb or another small partition) via diskutility. Eject basesystem.dmg so u dont get it mixed up with new restored one as it will have same name. Fire up ye mighty terminal and go to bash shell with:sudo -s

then copy packages folder from installESD.dmg to System/Installation/ on your newly restored usb like this:cp -R (drag packages folder here) (drag installation folder from usb here)

give it a few minutes to finish

then do the same copy technique, but this time for mach_kernel from InstallESD.dmg to / of new usb:cp -R (drag mach kernel here) (drag entire usb installer volume here)

and done with terminal-yay

create /Extra folder on usb and only put in your smbios and org.chameleon.boot.plist, leave your DSDT out

use kext wizard to install fakesmc and nullcpupowermanagement to s/l/e on your usb drive, (include SL version of appleacpiplatform.kext if using asus x58 mobo), then use kext wiz repair and rebuild cache options

reboot as normal, do not change boot drive in bios. At your normal chameleon prompt, choose instead to boot to your new installer (OSX Base system) and use boot flags -x -f -v add any other bootflags you normally use that arenot already in your org.chamleon.boot.plist

install DP4 and reboot back to your old OSX. From there use kext wiz again to install fakesmc to your new DP4 and any other kexts you know are required to boot(asus x58 use appleacpiplatform old version again) and copy /Extra folder from installer to your completed installation. I still didn't put my DSDT in it yet

reboot, and this time from chameleon prompt choose new OSX DP4 and have fun. Should always use -v to boot until your install is rock solid (with dev preview just always use it) Install chameleon and DSDT if you plan on deleting or overwriting your previous installation, otherwise not really needed.

fyi, Possible DSDT loading may be different if you install to a disk that does not already have a bootable partition with chameleon and DSDT from before, I have DP3 and DP4 on same drive but separate partitions. DSDT gets loaded from DP3 before I even get to the chameleon menu. After some fiddling, will eventually replace DP3 with DP4 and delete the additional partition, at which time I will need to copy over DSDT and reinstall chameleon

other hardware that usually requires various patches and workarounds to get running, will probably still require them again, its your stuff so you should know how to use it

fzimageplaceholder:20,20