9 replies to this topic

eXtink

eXtink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hello everyone,

I've seen this kind of topic before on this forum, but I didn't found any solution for it.

My problem is that when I try to install Mountain Lion on my pc that during the loading off all the kexts the system gets rebooted. This doesn't happen during a specific kext and it happens without any warning/kernel panic.
Lion runs just fine on my pc and I was able to install Mountain Lion before, but now it won't load the install anymore.

My pc information:
- Intel E8400
- GTX 275
- MSI P45 neo2

- P45
- ICH10R
- JMicron 363
- ALC888

Below I've attached the /Extra folders I tried to use during the installation. I've used the ##### instalation method, the myHack one and the manual with building your own USB boot drive using my /Extra folder I'm using off 10.7

Also I've tried the following arguments:
-f
-v
-x
-f -v busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000
-x -f -v busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1

Hope someone will be able to help me,
eXtink

Attached Files

jondav2006

jondav2006

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Happened with me. Tried a lot of things and then finally recreated the installer partition. Thereafter, the system booted into the installer successfully.

Give it a shot and share the results here.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
-x -f -v are your best friends when booting installer. Stick to the make your own method, but redoing it to be sure nothing got missed wouldn't hurt. To the fabulous trio of boot flags above, also add npci=0x3000 and/or PCIRootID=1, don't think you should need busratio or cpus=x. If over 4gb of ram either remove some or use maxmem=4096 flag (verify syntax on that one first, I don't know it off hand)

eXtink

eXtink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Okay.....

I remade my install USB, nothing!
Did all those arguments and combinations with all those, nothing!

It's strange that I can easily run the Lion installer, but not the Mountain Lion installer

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
try using newest version of chameleon

eXtink

eXtink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I've remade my USB boot drive with the latest version of chameleon r2050, tried all of the arguments but still nothing.
But I was able to capture the latest kernel kext getting loaded before the reboot. Check the attachement below

Attached Files

eXtink

eXtink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Okay, I've got the very last line printed before the system gets rebooted.

Manualy built the USB boot
-x -f -v
/Extra of existing system running 10.7

Attached File  IMG_17051.JPG   3.51MB   78 downloads

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
It is at that point Chameleon passes off booting process to OSX/Darwin which should take over to finish booting. This is obviously not happening. Chameleon revision not suitable for ML is usual cause, but you are running lasted revision as you said. I don't have solution atm and have to leave for work now, but maybe knowing that help you find out?

eXtink

eXtink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I already did found out that would be the problem, but it didn't. So I did all the necessary steps again: BIOS, formatting HDD and creating USB boot drive. This was the third time I did this and voila! It worked. Why? I don't know! I think that something was wrong in the BIOS.....

But this topic can be closed now.

ps: eep357: thanks for the help!

ArcticZero

ArcticZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hello, just want to say this is EXACTLY what's going on with my install now. And I have no idea what to touch in the BIOS to fix it. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reboot, Mountain, Lion, Kext

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy