ML 1.8.1 update issues

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Don't you have a windows partition or another mac partition from which you can simply copy the plist file and then post here?

As things driving you crazy, as an AMD hackintosher, i feel obligated to say that you know not. :)

P.S.: seeing your screenshot, it appears to me that you're in fact stuck at "DSMOS has arrived". In that case, the bluetooth process hasn't anything to do with your problem, being simply the last process to be computed. Worth a try to google solutions for "DSMOS has arrived". I, myself, have a couple of suggestions:

1) GraphicsEnabler=Y is the usual solution; try GraphicsEnabler=N too;

2) If it does not work, remove your ATI graphics altogether and use the onboard intel HD integrated graphics. Maybe this can get you to boot, then we can work on something.

tsddave

tsddave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Ok used the flags and USB installer and that allowed me to install over the top. I hope this was what you meant me to do..nothing else worked. I've got 30 mins to wait now so let's see :)
Will I need boot flags after this do you think?

Don't you have a windows partition or another mac partition from which you can simply copy the plist file and then post here?

As things driving you crazy, as an AMD hackintosher, i feel obligated to say that you know not. :)

P.S.: seeing your screenshot, it appears to me that you're in fact stuck at "DSMOS has arrived". In that case, the bluetooth process hasn't anything to do with your problem, being simply the last process to be computed. Worth a try to google solutions for "DSMOS has arrived". I, myself, have a couple of suggestions:

1) GraphicsEnabler=Y is the usual solution; try GraphicsEnabler=N too;

2) If it does not work, remove your ATI graphics altogether and use the onboard intel HD integrated graphics. Maybe this can get you to boot, then we can work on something.

I've tried both options on graphics enabler with no luck sadly. I can't remove the gfx card because my CPU doesn't have on aboard graphics sadly!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
P.S.: to delete kexts when you cannot boot into your system, use the single user flag (-s) and then type /sbin/mount -uw / and hit enter. Then type sudo rm -R /System/ Library Extensions/ name of the kexts you want to remove.

But be very careful with what you remove: you can damage your installation for good!

P.P.S.: isn't your CPU a sandy bridge one? Doesn't it have an integrated Intel HD graphics, like, say, Intel HD3000? Should have! Your mobo should support it: http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=3854#ov

Are your signature up to date, Dave?

P.P.P.S.: A valuable single user guide: http://mymacbookmini...kexts-manually/

tsddave

tsddave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Sorted now after a fair amount of stress lol.Thanks for the help guys once again. I'm celebrating with a cognac!

tsddave

tsddave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I found out it was due to me applying this........http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/07/mountain-lion-hackintosh-boot-time.html

Bah!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Lol!

Cool, so you'll get only hackintoshing joy from now on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy