Dual Boot Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit & MAC OS X Lion iATKOS L2

9 posts in this topic

HI,

I have installed Mac OS X on my 250GB HDD and everything is working OOB , but i need to dual boot Windows 7 and Mac OS X Lion ..

Can someone tell me what partition format shall i use ? MBR or GUID ? i have to repartition the HDD when i get Home ...

and do let me know , i shall install Mac os x first or Windows 7 after making the partition?

Thanks

Regards

MBR or GUID ?

MBR for dualboot in the same hard disk

:

Two Partition: 01-NTFS for WIND ******* 02- Fat32 for MAC OSX,****** Install Win First, now boot you USBinstaller and go for Utilities and Format your Partition for MAC OS X - HFS+ and install MAC OS X

MBR or GUID ?

MBR for dualboot in the same hard disk

:

Two Partition: 01-NTFS for WIND ******* 02- Fat32 for MAC OSX,****** Install Win First, now boot you USBinstaller and go for Utilities and Format your Partition for MAC OS X - HFS+ and install MAC OS X

thanks for the prompt answer .. can i install mac os x first and then install windows ??

You have 2 HDD's according to your sig so the easiest way would be to put windows on one and os x on the other then you'll have no problems.

For a pretty fail-safe way of doing it on the same HDD I would recommend:

Use disk utility to format the drive as you want it laid out (with mbr partition).

Install Windows first + update to service pack 1.

Then install OS X.

You have 2 HDD's according to your sig so the easiest way would be to put windows on one and os x on the other then you'll have no problems.

For a pretty fail-safe way of doing it on the same HDD I would recommend:

Use disk utility to format the drive as you want it laid out (with mbr partition).

Install Windows first + update to service pack 1.

Then install OS X.

Hi,

I cannot install any operating system on other HDD , i have alot of stuff on that HDD..

I will install on 250GB HDD only

Hi,

I cannot install any operating system on other HDD , i have alot of stuff on that HDD..

I will install on 250GB HDD only

i managed to dual boot with no problems .. but having problems with sleep/wake.. it sleeps fine but have no idea how to wake up lol nd i have to reset the pc in order to start again.. plz help