trying again.. it's time to Lion!

blak24

19 posts in this topic

Hello guys..

after 3 days trying to get ML to work unsuccesfully, I decided to go back to Lion, which worked very well with intel HD3000 and HD6970.. the problem is that I can't remember how I achieved that, and when I install it, it always says "unsupported card!" and then is stuck at "NTFS drives ecc..." the only way to boot (which I found, maybe, hoping, there are other ways) is -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No. the problem is that I can't do anything when I booted. in safe mode the system doesn't mount external drives and flash usb drives, I burned a CD with some utilities and kexts (to get almost LAN working, so I can download everything I need), but Lion doesn't seem to recognize it. I can boot but can't install any kext because I don't know how to copy them and to use them with lion... note that I'm running windows 8, tried macdrive and paragon HFS+ for windows and both crash or mess up my windows and I have to repair it... any idea? (maybe to get working the boot process without -x). thank you!

update: i'm booting now with -x GraphicsEnabler=No... tried to cancel and reinstall new HD3000 kexts, but the system is always stuck after detecting ntfs drives... it seems that he's got problems with the video card... but I don't know how to let them work now...

hey fire! :P

I will try this, thanks

EDIT: fire, if it boots now, can I restore my time machine backup? Lion was working fine as you know before things were messed up. my question is: will the time machine backup restore also the installed kexts?

EDIT2: no boot with that... always saying "Unsupported card!" (first image) and then stuck (second image)

post-584062-0-66312700-1345905594_thumb.jpg

post-584062-0-70844900-1345905660_thumb.jpg

Blak, boot with your USBinstaller and go for System Utilities and use Timemachine for restore one copy of the your backup for your disk, very easy!!!!

I tried that fire, the problem is that Lion can't recognize my network (I made the backup on a network storage... quite stupid... :D ), while ML recognized my network, tried to restore the backup, it was fine, but it didn't boot! I will see if I can take that backup and copy somewhere else... I will let you know, thanks

EDIT: the REAL problem is that windows seems that can't see the backup! When I selected the timemachine position for the backup, it showed a strange HDD network... the name of my western digital network harddisk is MyBookLive.. timemachine made the backup in MyBookLive/Backup... but I can't see anything with that name!

reinstall the boot loader in the disk what you restore the backup

from windows this not work, if ML see your backup, restore this for one external disk or another partition or one USB, after from ML you download app C.C.C. Carbon Copy Cloner and clone this for your hard disk o partition.

reinstall the boot loader in the disk what you restore the backup

from windows this not work, if ML see your backup, restore this for one external disk or another partition or one USB, after from ML you download app C.C.C. Carbon Copy Cloner and clone this for your hard disk o partition.

ok... the problem is that I erased my flash drive because I had to transfer files...so I can't reinstall ML now because I do not have my pen drive... if I install Lion, which is isntalled but can only boot in safe mode, my usb devices are not mounted and I can't mount them, so I cannot create a new pen drive with mountain lion..

P.S: I found a potential interesting thing...in my bios I enabled the multimonitor some time ago... after I installed lion for the first time.. so I installed lion with multimonitor disabled...could it be this thing the "not boot" problem now? don't know... but I can try reinstalling with that disabled...

EDIT: nothing.. pfff

guys please someone help me... I tried to update bootloader (now no more "unsupported card") if I boot in safe mode the HD3000 is recognized correctly, but if I do not boot in safe mode I have always the same problem: stuck at the second image posted before...

UPDATE: restored previous backup with TIMEMACHINE, FIXED the boot0 error, but, there is problem (you don't say? :D ) when it boots, and start loading kexts, it stops loading something related to AppleHDA1062. after reading this kext it reboots automatically... I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, -x but I have the same problem... any idea?

what you have in Extra folder? post here

You mean root/Extra? or S/L/E? anyway I can't read that folder because I can't boot into Lion now... is there another method to see this?

EDIT: nothing... it always reboots loading the AppleHDA1062.kext... it's referred to audio I suppose... right? is there a method to remove it using the boot with -s and then writing some commands?

yes, you can try this: boot with -s

mount /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

reboot -r now

lol, can't boot with -s because it reboots itself after loading that kext :D

I should do it from terminal using the mac osx installer.. how can I do that? well, I should do this commands but first I should change directory to the hard disk where Lion is installed.. right?

ok, boot your usbinstaller open app Terminal

2. type diskutil list

3 see your disk is for EX: disk1s2

4. diskutil mount disk1s2

5. cd /Volumes/name of your disk

6. cd /System/Library/Extensions

7. rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

8 .rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

9 .reboot -r now

ok, boot your usbinstaller open app Terminal

2. type diskutil list

3 see your disk is for EX: disk1s2

4. diskutil mount disk1s2

5. cd /Volumes/name of your disk

6. cd /System/Library/Extensions

7. rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

8 .rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

9 .reboot -r now

Ok... I'm not at home now.. I will try and let you know later, thanks!

EDIT: tried, it seems that it deletes the AppleHDA1062.kext, but I can't delete cache files... so it still reboots because he continues reading that kext... or maybe it didn't delete it...

post-584062-0-57135300-1346079274_thumb.jpg

tried booting with -f or -F, I don't remember well, wich disable kernel cache... but I think that the kernel cache is different from the cache in S/L/Caches...

EDIT: ok, I created a new partition on my MAC HD and I installed ML. from ML in safe boot I deleted the AppleHDA1062.kext and the folders in System/Library/Caches... it goes on now loading all the kexts... but now it is stuck here, it's a story that will never ends :D note that these messages (in the picture) are the first messages that appears when it says "MAC framework succesfully initialized"... so as soon as it finish loading kexts (the bootloader) and the system continues booting, it is stuck here...

P.S: why I always have these problems? :S I just restored the timemachine backup... shouldn't it be the same system that was before? I was able to boot without any problem... it's a mystery

post-584062-0-03955900-1346088842_thumb.jpg