Working Sleepenabler/ Power Management for AMD Systems?

Alien1959

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, first of all, apologies if I have made a duplicate thread regarding this issue, for I have searched this forum (and others) extensively and have not found any proper thread addressing this issue.

Secondly, I want to thank the awesome osx86 community, especially Nawcom, Kabyl and Mohamed. I don't know how you guys did it, but you guys are brilliant. Genius.

Back to the topic, I have managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6.7 on my AMD System. :) Vanilla install used Nawcom BootCD.

Wrestling with error codes during boot and changing kexts which a tiny change may cause my whole system to not boot and give me a panic attack (I've been trying this for a year. So its no surprise when something goes wrong I start to freak)

But I've noticed, is there no functioning sleepenabler.kext for AMD Systems? Or has it eluded me from my search?

I have tried putting it to sleep, and it does, I mean everything powers down, but it never wakes up. XD

My Specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 BE 3.2Ghz

Asus MBA M4A87TD/USB3

Kingston Value Ram DDR3 1333 - @ GB x2

WD Desktop SATA 500 GB BLUE

ASUS 24x DVDRW SATA BLACK

ASUS EAH5750 FORMULA 1GB GDDR5 PCIE

CoolerMaster ELITE 335

VANtec ION 2 620Watt PSU

Coolermaster Hyper TX 3

AOC E2240VW BLK 21.5 LED

Also, no powermanagement right?

Thanks in advance. :)

Happy hacking!

Oh SleepEnabler works just fine for AMD systems. All it does is connect the missing link the kernel needs from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (which you aren't using, hence the need for SleepEnabler). If you have issues with ACPI sleeping/waking - which is extremely common, you'll need to modify your motherboard's DSDT table and have it load the custom one at boot time. If you used the 10.6.7 legacy kernel install pkg, it should of updated your version of SleepEnabler to one that's compatible with the 10.6.7 kernel.

If you didn't and are using an outdated one, here's a link to the one compiled for 10.6.7 - http://nawcom.com/SleepEnabler.kext.10.6.7.zip