iAtkos L2 or BIOS?

blak24

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, probably some of you saw me in ML post-installation forum... after 3 days trying to get my video cards working (Intel HD3000 or HD6970) without success, I decided to reinstall Lion using iAtkos. well, before messing up everything with ML, I already installed lion with iAtkos, and everything was working fine, from the installation to the installation of kexts... now, here's the problem: when I choose in BIOS the device to boot, I obviously use the DVD drive, but it can't boot! as soon as I choose the DVD-drive, a white cursor appear and starts blinking... and nothing else... the problem is that the boot process it's not started, so I can't boot using -v or other things. I recently removed one of my 3 HDDs because it was broken, but I don't think it's the problem. I also recently installed windows 8, but I installed it on my SSD where previously was installed windows 7. I don't know what could be the problem, because the last time (before trying to install ML) it worked like a charm. in some minutes I will post a short video just to let you to see this strange thing.

EDIT: here is the youtube video:

the "tick" you listen in the video is me pressing F8 to enter boot menù :P

Did you off your computer and unplug it for a bit?

It happens, sometimes my boot discs don't boot and I have to let them sit for a bit.

So I suggest you try:

1) Unplugging the computer from power and leave it for 15 minutes.

2) Leave the blinking dash there for abit (if its more than 10 minutes forget it)

3) Disconnect all other harddisks except the one u want to install to.

Good luck.

Lee

Did you off your computer and unplug it for a bit?

It happens, sometimes my boot discs don't boot and I have to let them sit for a bit.

So I suggest you try:

1) Unplugging the computer from power and leave it for 15 minutes.

2) Leave the blinking dash there for abit (if its more than 10 minutes forget it)

3) Disconnect all other harddisks except the one u want to install to.

Good luck.

Lee

I will try, thanks.

I'll try to turn off it for about 15-20 minutes... it seems that the bios is freaking... it also can't recognize my usb keyboard anymore :| the only way to get it working in BIOS is to plug in the keyboard in one USB3 port, which has got a different controller... the fact is that in bios it shows 2 keyboards attached, when the keyboard is only one! hahah ok, I will let you know, thanks again

EDIT: no way... same problem... don't know why...