Patched mach_kernel 10.8.X for Atom CPUs

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 136 posts
You can also just use the kernel patcher with chameleon... it'll patch the kernel as it's loaded into memory.

Like I said, that kext was deprecated due to it being *very* kernel specific. If you use it on a newer version of xnu, it can and will break. The chameleon kernel patcher is much smarter about locating the correct address to patch, in fact, it reads the binary of the kernel and essentially disassembles certain instructions to determine the correct location.

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
New patched kernel :)

peppe1945

peppe1945

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
All kernel works in my ASUS 1215p machine.
Thanks a lot.

Rodion2010

Rodion2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

EDIT: forum doesn't want to let me attach the file so... xnu_patcher

Thanks! is there any newer/better version of this tool?

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
I have a Dell Vostro with a single core Pentium(core 2 class) I'm gonna try this on, been wanting to get a quick mac machine running up!

4everAnoob

4everAnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

10.8.3 works on intel atom netbook (1015PN)! are you going to make a kernel for 10.8.4?

mrintegra

mrintegra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 15 posts

As meklort stated above, there is no need for a patched kernel. If you have the latest revision of Chameleon installed, it will patch mach_kernel on the fly. BTW, are you able to play Youtube videos in full screen without lags?

10.8.3 works on intel atom netbook (1015PN)! are you going to make a kernel for 10.8.4?

4everAnoob

4everAnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

As meklort stated above, there is no need for a patched kernel. If you have the latest revision of Chameleon installed, it will patch mach_kernel on the fly. BTW, are you able to play Youtube videos in full screen without lags?

Wow i didnt know that about chameleon, where do i get the latest version, osx86.net? And youtube full screen lagged last time i tested it but I havent got time right now to look at it but will very soon. I have to change out the drive as well in the netbook because it keeps hanging (damaged i think).

4everAnoob

4everAnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Wow i didnt know that about chameleon, where do i get the latest version, osx86.net? And youtube full screen lagged last time i tested it but I havent got time right now to look at it but will very soon. I have to change out the drive as well in the netbook because it keeps hanging (damaged i think).

Ok it turns out you need to put KernelPatcher.dylib in /Extra/Modules and then it works. However, I couldnt use the latest chameleon on my ASUS 1015PN, because it would always boot to a black screen. I used Chimera 2.1.1 and now it works.

Akuanauta69

Akuanauta69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:ciencia

Good night.

I have a Toshiba NB510 with Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz and graphics card intel accelarator 3600.

I tested the three files for intel atom and none worked ..!!

I use the realese of mountain lion 10.8.

Any help please.

DMMA

DMMA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I have a Aspire One D270 with Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz (and graphics card intel accelerator 3600, but who cares)

I get stuck at DSMOS arrived (with -x and all Graphics kexts removed)

Same problem with 10.6 and 10.7 (atom kernels)

Have anyone got osx running on n2600 at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy