Patched mach_kernel 10.8.X for Atom CPUs

buoo

72 posts in this topic

Attached file may or may not work, and it probably will cause xnu not to boot properly.

I've updated it to handle universal binaries properly as well now.

EDIT: forum doesn't want to let me attach the file so... xnu_patcher

EDIT2: And since I'm extra lazy.... (this one really can break things, esp since there is no flag to disable it...) KernelPatcher.dylib

Hi Meklort , Do you think a similar Mach_Kernel patcher could be done for the CPUS=1 or Lapic on some HP's DV x computers like mine ? just curious ..... I will appreciate your input ...... thanks

Hi Meklort , Do you think a similar Mach_Kernel patcher could be done for the CPUS=1 or Lapic on some HP's DV x computers like mine ? just curious ..... I will appreciate your input ...... thanks

There is a lapic patch in there, it'll work around the panic but it's not the best fix (the better fix is applied only to 32bit kernels).

Splonk and buoo, how are you guys?

I'm afraid i didn't understand the steps to patch the kernel correctly. Specially the chmod +x step

I will be something like this:

chmod +x then:

sudo ?

Thank you in advance for answering, i'm really lost this time/

1) open the Terminal

2) tape chmod +x "drag the xnu_patcher" (without "")(no need to be into the parent folder)

3) "drag the xnu_patcher" "drag mach_kernel"

Like Meklort said it, no need sudo or sudo su to apply the xnu_patch !

• Like 1

There is a lapic patch in there, it'll work around the panic but it's not the best fix (the better fix is applied only to 32bit kernels).

Thanks Meklort , it has been a problem waiting all the time for the fix every time we get updates , I have ML 10.8.1 right now , with patched kernel , I thought the kernel was only 64 bit for 10.8? by the way I have an i7 processor , thank for your time ..... :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...

Hi, meklort

Sometimes ago you made the CPUIDSymbols.kext, I would be happy to get the source of that kext cause binary is stripped.

I found sources for CPUIDOverride.kext on the web but not for CPUIDSymbols.kext.

If this is possible thanks in advance.

AlainTox714

I found sources for CPUIDOverride.kext on the web but not for CPUIDSymbols.kext.

That kext has no source, it's a symbols only kext and as such was not generated from c. Intead you use the kextsymboltool (I think) to make it.

Anyway, what are you trying to do? the kext method has ben deprecated in favor of the chameleon kernel patching method.

That kext has no source, it's a symbols only kext and as such was not generated from c. Intead you use the kextsymboltool (I think) to make it.

Anyway, what are you trying to do? the kext method has ben deprecated in favor of the chameleon kernel patching method.

Thanks for your answer I will search about kextsymboltool. Otherwise I know how to patch all kernels with a script or on the fly within the bootloader but those kext are helpfull when you want to install from DVD without using NullCPM kext.

Edited:

Thanks again got it working with kextsymboltool and now I know how to get access to any unexported symbol from the kernel.

You can also just use the kernel patcher with chameleon... it'll patch the kernel as it's loaded into memory.

Like I said, that kext was deprecated due to it being *very* kernel specific. If you use it on a newer version of xnu, it can and will break. The chameleon kernel patcher is much smarter about locating the correct address to patch, in fact, it reads the binary of the kernel and essentially disassembles certain instructions to determine the correct location.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As meklort stated above, there is no need for a patched kernel. If you have the latest revision of Chameleon installed, it will patch mach_kernel on the fly. BTW, are you able to play Youtube videos in full screen without lags?

10.8.3 works on intel atom netbook (1015PN)! are you going to make a kernel for 10.8.4?

• 2 weeks later...

As meklort stated above, there is no need for a patched kernel. If you have the latest revision of Chameleon installed, it will patch mach_kernel on the fly. BTW, are you able to play Youtube videos in full screen without lags?

Wow i didnt know that about chameleon, where do i get the latest version, osx86.net? And youtube full screen lagged last time i tested it but I havent got time right now to look at it but will very soon. I have to change out the drive as well in the netbook because it keeps hanging (damaged i think).

Wow i didnt know that about chameleon, where do i get the latest version, osx86.net? And youtube full screen lagged last time i tested it but I havent got time right now to look at it but will very soon. I have to change out the drive as well in the netbook because it keeps hanging (damaged i think).

Ok it turns out you need to put KernelPatcher.dylib in /Extra/Modules and then it works. However, I couldnt use the latest chameleon on my ASUS 1015PN, because it would always boot to a black screen. I used Chimera 2.1.1 and now it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Good night.

I have a Toshiba NB510 with Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz and graphics card intel accelarator 3600.

I tested the three files for intel atom and none worked ..!!

I use the realese of mountain lion 10.8.

Any help please.

• 1 month later...

I have a Aspire One D270 with Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz (and graphics card intel accelerator 3600, but who cares)

I get stuck at DSMOS arrived (with -x and all Graphics kexts removed)

Same problem with 10.6 and 10.7 (atom kernels)

Have anyone got osx running on n2600 at all?

• 2 years later...