No Sound or Sleep GA-EP45-UD3P ALC889A

15 posts in this topic

Got my install of Moutain Lion running over the weekend with one of the great Vanilla guides on this forum. Updated my DSDT file to get Lnx2Macs ethernet installer working and my 9800GTX+ working. Since then I have tried so many kext files from all over the web to try and get my sound working. As the title of this post says I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with ALC889a. Finally I deleted all the modified kext files and installed the default kext files from my Macbook Pro. If I can I would love to leave this install as clean as possible and only run the DSDT, if that is even possible.

For sleep I patched my DSDT with HPET and LPC from DSDT editor.

I have attached my current DSDT file if that helps.

That DSDT is for DS3R not UD3P. Instead of using a downloaded one, boot without DSDT in /Extra and extract an unmodified one to upload. If you start with {censored}, guess what you'll end up with?

To add further confusion, your signature shows you have a DS3R and UD3R not P?

I kernel panic without a dsdt. I cannot boot -x nor can I boot normally without one. Any other suggestions?

Panic reads:

panic(CPU 1 caller 0xffffff7f808011df): No HPETs Available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly

Debuggercaled: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU1), Frame : Return Address

You didn't do anything wrong, but DSDT cannot be properly read by mac without editing parts of it to make everything work right. Simplified explaination, but that's the gist of it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

You didn't do anything wrong, but DSDT cannot be properly read by mac without editing parts of it to make everything work right. Simplified explaination, but that's the gist of it.

Just wanted to thank you for this. I'm going to try it now.

Do I need to put anything in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist or smbios.plist to tell it to listen to my DSDT?