Well, I have successfully installed mountain lion on my acer aspire 5740G in signature. For install it I have create a bootable USB stick containing the installer of mountain lion as described in this guide: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258485 (It's in italian). The installation was very easy and I didn't need to use kext, flag or patch for start up mountain lion.
Before continue I list the specs of my notebook:
Mobo: Acer Aspire 5740
CPU: Intel Core i5 430M (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
RAM: 3956 MB (DDR3-1066 DDR3 SDRAM)
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 (512 MB)
Sound: Realtek ALC272
Wifi: Atheros AR5B93
NIC: Broadcom NetLink BCM57780
- ETHERNET: Works after installing this kext.
- TRACKPAD-KEYBOARD PS2: They work perfectly after installing these kexts.
- SOUND: It works after installing the kext in this package (voodoohda 2.7.4).
- BATTERY ICON: It works after installing these kexts.
- GPU: It works perfectly after installing clover bootloader and putting this file in /EFI directory. Thanks to mmon.
- VGA/HDMI: The HDMI works perfectly after the GPU step. I haven't tested the VGA yet.
- CMOS RESET: I fix it with the DSDT patched by giofrida.
- DSDT: The DSDT patched by giofrida enables the sleep and resolves the reset of the CMOS! You can download it from here.
- STOP: It works after installing the clover bootloader, doing the "GPU step" and putting the patched DSDT in /EFI/ACPI/patched/.
You can download clover bootloader from here: http://www.insanelym...-instructions/.
Thanks to giofrida for the DSDT patch and to mmon for his help to activate the GPU.
- COMBO UPDATE 10.8.1: Installed without problems. I didn't need to reinstall any kext.
- COMBO UPDATE 10.8.2: Installed without problems. I had to reinstall only battery kexts.
- COMBO UPDATE 10.8.3: Installed without problems. I had to reinstall only battery kexts.
- RED: problem that I haven't fixed
- BLUE: problem not completely fixed
- GREEN: problem fixed
Edited by claver, 15 March 2013 - 07:47 PM.