Ericsson H5321gw/F5521GW WWAN Card?

pablo101

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone got this card to work in OS X? I have 10.8 installed on my Lenovo X131e and I have this pcie wwan 3g card installed. It shows under the USB section in the Hardware Profile as the "H5321 gw" and recognises it as being Lenovo etc.

But it doesn't appear in the Network part of System Preferences, does it need a specific kext? I haven't been able to find anyone using this card in os x via google etc...

• 1 year later...

I have a Ericsson F5521GW in my Elitebook 8560w running OSX Lion 10.7.5 .

Would also like to know where i can find a driver for it .

Since installing the wwan card whenever i reboot OSX now , my laptop hangs on bios screen giving me a warning the wwan card is not whitelisted/supported . This only happens when i reboot from OSX .

The card works perfectly in W8 , Linux and is not giving any trouble .

So I guess it must be a driver/configuration in OSX that is triggering this behaviour .

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got the same prob on 10.10.5: Fresh upgraded from T420s to T430s Thinkpad now I the new card is only listed in USB Dev's but not as WWAN any longer...

I've already patched the VID & PID into the kext but it remains unfunctional! Any hint is warmly welcome!!!

• 1 month later...

I did update to el capitan.

f5521gw does't work any more.

It is shown under USB devices, but it isn't selectable in network preferences.

any other experiances with el capitan? 

Same issue... Up!

I've got the same prob on 10.10.5: Fresh upgraded from T420s to T430s Thinkpad now I the new card is only listed in USB Dev's but not as WWAN any longer...

I've already patched the VID & PID into the kext but it remains unfunctional! Any hint is warmly welcome!!!

Try this:

Make a backup copy of your CellPhoneHelper.kext from /S/L/E/.

Copy the CellPhoneHelper.kext from /S/L/E/ to a folder with r/w permissions.

Patch the VID / PID into the CellPhoneHelper.kext/Contents/Info.plist yourself, using a copy of the W350 entry, modding the DeviceVendor key to "Sony Ericsson".

Install the .kext with the tool of your choice.

Make a backup copy of your IOSerialFamily.kext from /S/L/E/.

Copy the IOSerialFamily.kext from /S/L/E/ to a folder with r/w permissions.

Patch the VID into the IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleWWANSupport.kext/Contents/Info.plist, again using other entries as a template.

Install the .kext with the tool of your choice.

Reboot. The device should now show up in the Network Configuration Preference Pane and the WWAN icon should be in your top bar.

That's the best I could achieve up to now, but for me (on OS X 10.11.1) a HUGE problem remains: connecting doesn't work since the device is listed twice which configd can't handle.

I want to know from you guys - do you have the same problem? If you open the Console app (NOT the terminal but the one with the error logs), do you find error messages containing the string "more than one interface matches usbmodem" every time you try to connect?

I'd especially like some feedback from one of you El Capitan guys and from you, mircsicz, since you're still using Yosemite.

I'll try to see if I can code a workaround for this, think I might share it if I'm successful and if you can confirm having the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

decided to go for a HUAWEI EM820W 3G UMTS.

that one works perfectly in ElCapitan.

add HuaweiDataCardDriver_10_9.kext, MBBUSBMassStorageDeviceClass.kext to Extension folder and HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem to ModemScript folder

Hello,

Please send me the link to download Huawei EM820W driver for El Capitan. I can't find one that works for 10.11.6.

Thanks,