1 reply to this topic

puppydust

puppydust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to the world of OSx86, and I could do with a little encouragement that I'm doing the right thing.

I'm a graphic designer and motion graphics guy. My work involves heavy use of Photoshop, After Effects and Cinema 4D. I
i'd love a bit of advice as to whether my system components are going to be compatible for OSx86 . Parts list here, and also attached is a complete list of system parts inc. fans CPU coolers etc. (ignore the 550 on this)

Intel Core i7 3930K, 3.2GHz, Hex Core + Hyperthreading (OC'd to 4.2GHz)
Asus P9X79 Motherboard
32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP, DDR3, 1600MHz
256GB Samsung 830 Series, SSD
3TB Seagate Barracuda, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm
EVGA GTX 560 Ti Superclocked

The system is coming pre-built. I've just got a few queries:

The system is coming Overclocked to 4.2GHz. Is there any risk to the processor by running a hackintosh? The guys there know their stuff about over clocking so I've got no worries about Windows, but would it still be as stable on a hackintosh?

Performance wise how does a hackintosh benchmark compared to the same system running the default windows 7 OS?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,958 posts
See this on my blog:

http://rampagedev.wo...nd-amdati-gpus/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: after effects, motion, design, hexacore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy