HD3000 full acceleration for 10.8

marsuss

46 posts in this topic

I finally restored the QE/CI on my laptop ... I patched the stock 10.8.2 AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext to enable the VGA output on port 602 (credit to bcc9).

Now I have both displays working with QE/CI.

I attached the patched kext in case you give it a try.

Thank's this enable External VGA monitor on my laptop Asus K53SD

• 1 month later...

I found a way to eliminate the need to patch or delete any kexts by adding a simple DSDT-patch. The patch was tested with a MSI B75MA-P45 but should work on any B75, H77 and Z77 equipped board using an AMI BIOS in combination with a Sandybridge CPU.

Under Scope (_SB.PCI0) you'll have to add device IMEI:

post-983225-0-06187700-1348947933.png

Insert the following code sequence:

Device (IMEI)
 {
	 Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)
	 Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
	 {
		 Return (0x0F)
	 }
	 Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)
	 {
		 Store (Package (0x02)
			 {
				 "device-id",
				 Buffer (0x04)
				 {
						 0x3A, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00
				 }
			 }, Local0)
		 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
		 Return (Local0)
	 }
 }

Compile, save and install the DSDT. After rebooting verify that the patch is working. Open IORegistryExplorer and locate device IMEI. Verify that the AppleIntelMEIDriver is loaded and attached to the device.

post-983225-0-10445300-1348948006.png

Good luck!

Mausi

I would love to try this, as it seems my last chance to try get the QE/CI working on my HD 3000. Have tried every other option that I could find online... No luck... Starting to wonder could it be that trying so many things my kexts have got corrupted or something, cus at the moment when im trying different kexts, nothing seems to happen at all. At least at earlier stages first it was finding my HD 3000 only as 64mb, now it's always 512mb, even with the older kexts settings I had it 64mb before etc.

Thing is, I have a Lenovo N581 with HM76 chipset motherboard, am new to DSDT and can't find a patch for it at Olarila.com... And too scared to experiment with it myself, seeing as it took over a week to get my computer to the stage it is now (please see here for full details: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285891-dsdt-for-lenovo-ideapad-n581/).

Is there any safe way for me to try do this DSDT patch to enable QE/CI? Because I can't find the patch for my Motherboard at Olarila.com and don't know how to proceed, never tried to work with this DSDT method yet, only kexts...

Thanks a million if anyone can send me in right direction!

Thing is, I have a Lenovo N581 with HM76 chipset motherboard, am new to DSDT and can't find a patch for it at Olarila.com

I think, that because of your chipset (IvyBridge) you have to edit the Info.plist of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x1C3A8086</string>

to

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x1E3A8086</string>

and move AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to trash.

Have fun.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have a pavilion g7-1320ed notebook with HD3000 in it (cpu i5-2450M 2,5Ghz ). When i apply the pathc i have QE/CI. The resolution is 1600x900 but the screen is not showing it correctly.

I only see the left site of the normal screen (in half as it is), when i change resolution it is also crippled screen.

Graphics id = 0126

SMBios8,1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK Stock Kexts and DSDT Patch gave full QE/CI but I still can't use Multiple Displays, Anything on that?

It's an Inspiron 3520 with Intel HD 3000 (0x01168086).

Attached a screenie. Had my Samsung external display connected to vga when I was taking this shot.

One more issue. Internal display isn't giving full brightness. It gets lowered right before showing the login screen and OS X thinks that the lowered brightness is 100% brightness and I think I get a kernel Panic when I lower the lid.

Also attached my DSDT.

post-652038-0-52540200-1372615296_thumb.png

DSDT.aml.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi...

I have 10.8 installed on my Toshiba laptop:

CPU I5 2430

GeForce GT 525M 1024MB

I've followed steps in first post: delete all installed graphics kexts, repair permissions/rebuild cache, reinstall downloaded Kext, repair permissions/rebuild cache and restart.

I got 1366x768 with 4MB memory and no QE/CE. 

I restarted with GraphicsEnabler=No (Kernel Panic if "Yes") and I still got NVidia device, with no kext loaded.

gZBqAZF.png

kNpcUEm.png

Anyone help me please, I'm noob with hackintosh things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

OK Stock Kexts and DSDT Patch gave full QE/CI but I still can't use Multiple Displays, Anything on that?

It's an Inspiron 3520 with Intel HD 3000 (0x01168086).

Attached a screenie. Had my Samsung external display connected to vga when I was taking this shot.

One more issue. Internal display isn't giving full brightness. It gets lowered right before showing the login screen and OS X thinks that the lowered brightness is 100% brightness and I think I get a kernel Panic when I lower the lid.

Also attached my DSDT.

Can You plz send me your kexts ? Because my HD3000 has the same ID as you but when I applied the patch, the laptop keep loading and when I succeed to boot, there's no Keyboard or Mouse detected :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't have full graphics acceleration either (although the kexts have enabled the system to recognise all of the graphics memory). I have a Lenovo x131e with Intel HD 2000/3000 (DevID:0106). It says ([AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform) at boot. What's Wrong?

• 4 months later...