1 reply to this topic

reydanro

reydanro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I just installed Mac OS X 10.7 in VMWare Workstation 8 from an existing vmdk I downloaded.
After that, I ran a system update and got to 10.7.4. It all seemed ok, and boot times seemed decent.
Then, I installed vmware tools (from a darwin_snow.iso) so I can really get fullscreen resolution and now I seem to have really really slow boot times (somewhere around 1 hour).

My obvious guess is that it is because of vmware tools. Am I correct, and what can I do?

My laptop:
Intel Core i5 2.4ghz
4gb ram (2gb allocated in vmware)
Nvidia GT 540M with 2gb vram

Thank you

strobegen

strobegen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't sure that I right about this issue but I
have terrible experience with OSX in VMWare on Windows.
I tried use lot of vmware images from web and most of it had issues like you have.
I remember that I got best result with VMWare when I installed OSX (probably is 10.6.6-8) by myself
and it works acceptable but it's has some big issues like very buggy openGL in mac application.
Therefore I guess that you need drop this vmware image, and to try next or try install osx to vmware by self.

But any way best way to use it is a install to real hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy