m61sme-s2 Gigabyte any Hackintosh for it?

xJonahx

14 posts in this topic

@ xJonax

Your MOBO specs show that it is uses a NVIDIA® GeForce 6100 / nForce 405 chipset; thus you should try using an nForceATA.kext, e.g. slashack's version.

This is because my current understanding is that the following nForce chipsets are not fully AHCI compliant and can be used with an nForceATA.kext, e.g. slashhack's variant:

nForce 430/410 (MCP51), nForce 590/570/550/680i/650i/780i/750i (MCP55) and nForce 430/405/400 (MCP61); nForce 560/520 (MCP65) and nForce 630a (MCP67)

Furthermore, the MOBOs using one of these nForce chipsets usually have the BIOS option to set the enable nForce SATA Controller and require SATA RAID to be Enabled (implicitly enabling AHCI mode)even when not running a RAID system, for the NForceATA.kext to work.

In contrast, the following nForce chipsets are fully-AHCI compliant and so do not/may not work with the AppleNForceATA.kext:

nForce 560/520 (MCP65) and nForce 630a (MCP67); nForce 630i/620i/610i (MCP73), nForce 730a/720a/710a (MCP78) and nForce ION (MCP79)

nForce chipsets (MCP65 and higher) support the advanced SATA features in the AHCI standard, such asNCQ etc.

The MOBOs using one of these nForce chipsets usually have the BIOS option to set the nForce SATA Controllers to "AHCI Mode" instead of "IDE Mode".

• Like 1

@ xJonahx

Assuming that you are following the DVD distro install route, you need to use an AMD compatible distro that loads the AMD compatible patched kernel and the nForceATA.kext when it boots the PC. You can use Tinketool and Pacifist to check if the DVD installer includes the nForceATA.kext in its bootup /System/Library/Extensions..........

I recommend that you initially install OS X Leopard using a AMD compatible Install DVD distro such as:

LawlessPPC-10.5.4-Phenom-AMD

iATKOS 4a AMD

Leo4Allv4.1 AMD

iPC 10.5.6

iDeneb V1.4 10.5.6 etc.

to set up two OS X volumes on your HDD and then install Leopard on one of the volumes to figure out exactly what you need to do boot and run OS X Leopard on your system......and then use Leopard to help you install OS X Snow Leopard on your second HDD volume, and so on.........see

this

AMD Retail Snow Leopard install guide...........you will need patched kernels too for installing OS X Lion and Mountain Lion on AMD.....

• Like 1

Hmm alway's getting still waiting for root device ,:/

What happens when you boot the DVD installer with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048?

Are your HDD(s) and DVDRW(s) SATA or PATA?

My HDD where my Windows is on is IDE my second is SATA and my DVDRW SATA i think.... i will try -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and then i make a picture so maybe you can see my error...

I get an error something like

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

My HDD where my Windows is on is IDE my second is SATA and my DVDRW SATA i think.... i will try -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and then i make a picture so maybe you can see my error...

I get an error something like

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

OS X does not get on well with PS/2 keyboard and mouse (or even worse, PS/2 and USB mixed) because it is expecting a USB keyboard and USB mouse (as on a real Mac) and on nForce + Intel CPUs MOBOs, OS X likes a SATA HDD and IDE DVDRW connected and jumper-set as Master to the MOBO via an 80-wire IDE cable.....

See my Pre-Series 7 nForce OS X Leopard Install guide for further helpful information.......

• 4 months later...