DSDT patch for TOSHIBA Satellite L750

future_ex_kid

230 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

10.9.3 breaks graphics support.

Once installed, you get black screen on startup, LCD and VGA (didn´t try HDMI).

DSDT injection doesn´t work, Chameleon´s GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesn´t work.

Had to roll back graphics drivers from 10.9.2

If anyone has tried and has found a solution, share it here.

Thx.

Here are for download the Nvidia graphics drivers from 10.9.2

Download here.

EDIT: If you can´t boot after update, type this command on chameleon´s boot promt: -s

(This will start the computer on Single user mode, where you can input commands)

Then we mount the partition read/write: /sbin/mount -uw /

Then we erase this two drivers from Nvidia:

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext

And we reboot the system: Reboot

Once we boot again the system, we replace the drivers and repair permissions, then we should restart fine onto the system.

• 1 month later...

Here you have two updated files to solve the graphic problem in 10.9.3 and UP and also Speedstep/Graphicspowermanagement.

Just replace those two files in extra folder: smbios.plist and LegacyInjectorToshiba.kext

Now we can update safely.

Enjoy.

PD: Remember to create your own serial number with Lizard.

Toshiba L750 updated files Mavericks 10.9.3 and UP.zip

• 2 weeks later...

No Resistor, we use the updated 10.9.4 drivers, we use the update as it is. Be sure you repair permissions and erase com.apple.kext.caches before reboot if you manually installed the 10.9.4 drivers.

A question:

Are you using the files i have shared before, DSDT, drivers,etc?

The idea for the fix came from here, i explain it: Apple has changed on 10.9.3 the way the drivers attach to the graphic cards, and for that it uses this kext: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext, if your SMboardproduct is there, will load, if not, black screen.

In the link i provide, they suggest to patch the driver, while my approach is to  change/update our SMboardproduct to match one of the driver and update the SMproductname.

Also i did update LegacyinyectorToshiba.kext to add the new smbios information on it.

You should not have any graphic problem now with apple stock drivers as both modifications will allow to load the drivers, please elaborate your extra folder contents and update method.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

Hi I have been trying to install 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 doing these steps and I get a black screen. I had the working kext extra folder from 10.9.2 I download the 184 post archive and update the extra folder overwritting the files. Do a fix permisions generate my own serial with lizardand erase all the files from com.apple.kext.caches  :( 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have installed Yosemite 10.10.1 Niresh succesfully on my Toahiba L755-169 with 2410m i5 and GT525m.

MBR with Win 7 Dualboot on 1 HDD.

Everything is working.

Only issue my Nvidia Card shown as 1 GB Ram. It has 2 GB DDR3 Ram.

Speedstep Ok

Graphic Card Powermanagement Ok

Nvidia ok

Wlan Ok

Sleep Ok

Display Resolution with Brightness Ok

Trackpad Keyboard OK

Cardreader OK

Webcam OK

Battery OK

USB 3.0 Port OK

Soundcard Ok but with VoodooHDA

I used same dsdt.aml from this thread and my ssdt.aml for the i5 2510m 2.3Ghz Cpu.

Everything is here in this Thread.

Thank you to all.

Its very fast and stable.

Musti

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed Yosemite 10.10.1 Niresh succesfully on my Toahiba L755-169 with 2410m i5 and GT525m.

MBR with Win 7 Dualboot on 1 HDD.

Everything is working.

Only issue my Nvidia Card shown as 1 GB Ram. It has 2 GB DDR3 Ram.

Speedstep Ok

Graphic Card Powermanagement Ok

Nvidia ok

Wlan Ok

Sleep Ok

Display Resolution with Brightness Ok

Trackpad Keyboard OK

Cardreader OK

Webcam OK

Battery OK

USB 3.0 Port OK

Soundcard Ok but with VoodooHDA

I used same dsdt.aml from this thread and my ssdt.aml for the i5 2510m 2.3Ghz Cpu.

Everything is here in this Thread.

Thank you to all.

Its very fast and stable.

Musti

please can you give me the extra folder. i have tried evreting not working ????

• 4 weeks later...

I´m now giving a go to Yosemite (pure vanilla install, chameleon based).

Right now, the install goes smooth, the installed system does not boot (graphics related).

Will give you more details when i solve the problem.

Regards.

UPDATE: Everything working under Yosemite, will post instructions and files once i get some free time.

Here we go (here are the instructions and drivers i have gathered from the community for our beloved Toshiba L750 and Yosemite).

First the instructions to create an USB installer for Yosemite:

1. Download OS X v10.10.2 [Mac App Store] and Right-click "Install OS X Yosemite" → Show Package Contents → Contents → ShareSupport → Double click to mount "InstallESD.dmg".

2. Once "OS X Install ESD" appears, use ShowHiddenFiles to show hidden files.

3. Now you will see an image called "BaseSystem.dmg" appear. Mount it by right-clicking and opening it with DiskImageMounter... Get prepared to use the USB stick with at least 8GB.

4. Open Disk Utility, and format the USB stick by highlighting its icon on the left and clicking the Partition tab, click Current, and choose 1 Partition.

5. Click Options... Choose Master Boot Record. No need to name it (the default's OK), choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as its format type. Click Apply then Partition.

6. Select and highlight the volume "OS X Base System", click "Restore" at the top-right, drag the volume into "Source" field, and drag the USB [untitled] partition (you just created) to the "Destination" field where you will restore the image: click "Restore" then "Erase"...

7. After the process is complete, you'll now have (2) "OS X Base System" present in Finder. Eject the image "BaseSystem.dmg" and close Disk Utility.

8. On the remaining volume "OS X Base System" (USB stick), go to System/Installation and delete Packages symlink.

9. Open "OS X Install ESD" in a new Finder window, and copy the Packages folder to System/Installation folder inside "OS X Base System".

10. Copy BaseSystem.chunklist and BaseSystem.dmg from "OS X Install ESD" and copy it to the volume root.

11. Create a new folder named "Kernels" in System/Library on the USB stick. Use Pacifist v.3.2.17 to extract "kernel" from "OS X Install ESD/Packages/Essential.pkg [/system/Library/Kernels/kernel]" and place "kernel" into System/Library/Kernels/ location.

That´s it.

Now the second part, download the attached zip file and uncompress it.

Remember to create a new serial number in smbios.plist for you with Lizard or any program that can create serial numbers for hackintosh (you have to use MacBookPro11,1 as base model).

Install chameleon on the flashdrive Yosemite has been deployed.

Overwrite the flashdrive´s extra folder with the one in the zip.

Boot and install Yosemite.

On reboot, select again the flashdrive for booting, but this time select your internal disk as startup disk on Chameleon Boot.

Once you arrive to desktop, install chameleon on internal hard disk, overwrite the extra folder.

Install AppleHDA Toshiba.kext to S/L/E (use the provided kext utility), erase the original AppleHDA.kext.

Reboot.

Enjoy!!.

Files for Toshiba L750 Yosemite: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fjhziv

PD:

All files are compatible with Mavericks, just change in org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

To

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

Toshiba L750 Yosemite.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here we go (here are the instructions and drivers i have gathered from the community for our beloved Toshiba L750 and Yosemite).

First the instructions to create an USB installer for Yosemite:

1. Download OS X v10.10.2 [Mac App Store] and Right-click "Install OS X Yosemite" → Show Package Contents → Contents → ShareSupport → Double click to mount "InstallESD.dmg".

2. Once "OS X Install ESD" appears, use ShowHiddenFiles to show hidden files.

3. Now you will see an image called "BaseSystem.dmg" appear. Mount it by right-clicking and opening it with DiskImageMounter... Get prepared to use the USB stick with at least 8GB.

4. Open Disk Utility, and format the USB stick by highlighting its icon on the left and clicking the Partition tab, click Current, and choose 1 Partition.

5. Click Options... Choose Master Boot Record. No need to name it (the default's OK), choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as its format type. Click Apply then Partition.

6. Select and highlight the volume "OS X Base System", click "Restore" at the top-right, drag the volume into "Source" field, and drag the USB [untitled] partition (you just created) to the "Destination" field where you will restore the image: click "Restore" then "Erase"...

7. After the process is complete, you'll now have (2) "OS X Base System" present in Finder. Eject the image "BaseSystem.dmg" and close Disk Utility.

8. On the remaining volume "OS X Base System" (USB stick), go to System/Installation and delete Packages symlink.

9. Open "OS X Install ESD" in a new Finder window, and copy the Packages folder to System/Installation folder inside "OS X Base System".

10. Copy BaseSystem.chunklist and BaseSystem.dmg from "OS X Install ESD" and copy it to the volume root.

11. Create a new folder named "Kernels" in System/Library on the USB stick. Use Pacifist v.3.2.17 to extract "kernel" from "OS X Install ESD/Packages/Essential.pkg [/system/Library/Kernels/kernel]" and place "kernel" into System/Library/Kernels/ location.

That´s it.

Now the second part, download the attached zip file and uncompress it.

Remember to create a new serial number in smbios.plist for you with Lizard or any program that can create serial numbers for hackintosh (you have to use MacBookPro11,1 as base model).

Install chameleon on the flashdrive Yosemite has been deployed.

Overwrite the flashdrive´s extra folder with the one in the zip.

Boot and install Yosemite.

On reboot, select again the flashdrive for booting, but this time select your internal disk as startup disk on Chameleon Boot.

Once you arrive to desktop, install chameleon on internal hard disk, overwrite the extra folder.

Install AppleHDA Toshiba.kext to S/L/E (use the provided kext utility), erase the original AppleHDA.kext.

Reboot.

Enjoy!!.

Files for Toshiba L750 Yosemite: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fjhziv

PD:

All files are compatible with Mavericks, just change in org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

To

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

Tried this guide, but when i start the installation it says that i'haven't a guid partition table. That's correct, i've windows, workaround??

Tried also with a raw image for intel, but give me black screen after loaded all the stuff it needs. I tried with -v, -x, -f, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, ........

Locate a patched osinstall for MBR, then you can follow the guide after replacing the file.

It works, all works, except the trackpad, how do you make it scroll with two finger..? I try with voodoo, nothing, then install [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] kext for it, nothing again..

Hello pere,

you said that you have all working in your Toshiba L750. Ive got the same Notebook as you and all working except the shutdown, sleep and the internal Speakers. 

It would be nice if you could say what you have done to get these three things working. 

The most important thing for me is the shutdown and the sleep problem.

So with the Shutdown Problem I mean the notebook is shutting down, but ive i want to power it on back, the power button has no function. I have to pull the power cable out (always have the battery out) to start it back.
Sleep Problem: It can go to sleep. But the USB ports are not disconnected. (Ive got an seperate Laptop Fan thats powered on, if the USB port gives it power.)

After laptop had slept i have started it and all is working. But after that it cant to go sleep again and bluetooth is not working. 

:EDIT: Sleep is not working now.

Sorry for my absurd explanations, english is not my mother language. (Im a german Guy.)

Thanks in advance!

BTW: Thanks for your nice work with your Extra Folder!