• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

AppleFan91

AppleFan91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I am new with the Hackintosh installation using SB cpus because i only did with the old 775 cpus before. I don't know if the Generate CPU States boot option (Pstates/Cstates) still works with SB CPUs or i should have the SSDT.aml patched for speed step. Can i apply both or just one only.

DirectXtraOrdinary

DirectXtraOrdinary

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

I am new with the Hackintosh installation using SB cpus because i only did with the old 775 cpus before. I don't know if the Generate CPU States boot option (Pstates/Cstates) still works with SB CPUs or i should have the SSDT.aml patched for speed step. Can i apply both or just one only.

Installation on sandy bridge CPUs works with the latest chameleon version. At the chameleon commandline enter

GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes ForceHPET=Yes

and you're ready to go. The guys at olarila.com create a nice patch for native powermanagement, called AICPMPatch ...
After applying this patch you can remove any NullCPUPowermanagement.kext or GenerateC/PStates command.
It's also a nice idea to create a FAT32 bootstick and insert the necessary kexts in /Extra/Extensions for the installation (usually FakeSMC & NullCPUPowermanagement),
and if possible a fixed DSDT.aml for your mainboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy