Install ML on SB CPUs

2 posts in this topic

I am new with the Hackintosh installation using SB cpus because i only did with the old 775 cpus before. I don't know if the Generate CPU States boot option (Pstates/Cstates) still works with SB CPUs or i should have the SSDT.aml patched for speed step. Can i apply both or just one only.

I am new with the Hackintosh installation using SB cpus because i only did with the old 775 cpus before. I don't know if the Generate CPU States boot option (Pstates/Cstates) still works with SB CPUs or i should have the SSDT.aml patched for speed step. Can i apply both or just one only.

Installation on sandy bridge CPUs works with the latest chameleon version. At the chameleon commandline enter

GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes ForceHPET=Yes

and you're ready to go. The guys at olarila.com create a nice patch for native powermanagement, called AICPMPatch ...

After applying this patch you can remove any NullCPUPowermanagement.kext or GenerateC/PStates command.

It's also a nice idea to create a FAT32 bootstick and insert the necessary kexts in /Extra/Extensions for the installation (usually FakeSMC & NullCPUPowermanagement),

and if possible a fixed DSDT.aml for your mainboard.