26 replies to this topic

westwaerts

westwaerts

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
for sleep you need:

SSDT, DSDT ( also on Uefi Boards it is adviseable to have a minimal one, cause then you know, whats happening, but for the beginning try without))
IntelCPUPowermanagement and the correspondent Controller Kext working
( check with MSR Dumper if its speedstepping)

on bios also a patched RTC.kext ( dont know if its needed on UEFI)
( if its rebooting instead of waking)

mostly USB and Graphic Cards are preventing sleep ( look for AAPL intries in IOREG)

and the magic terminal command "pmset -g assertions"
may tell you something

so its a deep digging materia
( and with tony´s installers, you dont see, what is installed, so problems cant be separated)

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Not sure why you deleted DSDT because of an SSDT problem, but regardless, sleep is in not possible without patched DSDT so don't bother unless you have that much resolved

wormyrocks

wormyrocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for the advice!

I'm a total newbie though, or mostly so. What's the first step I should be taking? I don't have a DSDT; how should I go about generating one? What steps should I take to make it compatible once I have done so?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
you can generate a new, clean one using Chameleon Wizard or DSDTSE

wormyrocks

wormyrocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
(massive bump)

I generated a DSDT with a command line DSDT generator utility. What's the first step I should take to try and figure out how to get sleep working? I need pretty basic instructions... or if anyone could point me to a detailed tutorial I'd appreciate that too.

kernel_picnic

kernel_picnic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
As far as I know, almost all Gigabyte's Z77 ( with UEFI ) boards are able to sleep and wake out of box. So does my GA-Z77x-UD3H.
I previously experienced a similar problem. I overclocked my machine, and it can sleep only once. (After wake-up, I pressed sleep and nothing happened)

My solution is to disable ``CPU PLL Overvoltage'' in BIOS. Now, with my own SSDT for overclocks, my machine has many Pstates, and proper sleeping and waking-up.

More background : No NCPM nor RTC/AICPM patches, no DSDT.

Hope this would help :)

wormyrocks

wormyrocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for the advice!

So I looked around in my BIOS and I couldn't find anything regarding CPU PLL Overvoltage, so I Q-Flash updated my BIOS and then it was there. So I disabled it and set all the other BIOS settings to their proper settings to allow the computer to boot ML, and it boots fine, but now I have the same issue. Without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, when I try to sleep the computer it doesn't spin down the disk or the fans, but it stops responding to input. With AppleIntelCPU, when I try to sleep the computer the lights go off and the fans spin down and it goes to sleep, but then it wakes up again immediately afterwards.

Are there any other BIOS settings I should be aware of?

Edit:

P.S. The reason given for wake in Terminal and Console is still "GLAN XHC". I just updated BIOS from F4 to F6. My boot.plist is as follows: http://d.pr/i/95v4 and I have patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement and no NullCPUPowerManagement. I have the Z77M-D3H-MVP board, which as far as I can tell not a lot of other people use. As far as I can tell "Wake on LAN" is not an option in the BIOS menus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy