GMA 4500M Working in Lion and ML

Shaneee

14 posts in this topic

Thought I would share how I got my GMA 4500M Graphics working under Lion and Mountain Lion. I have full resolution and downloaded videos play. Issues with Flash on ML though.

Install the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext using Kext Wizard or Kext Utility, Whatever suits you. Once done run the .pkg file in the archive. Only install the Resolution part of the installation.

Resolution.png

Once done you can reboot. Lion requires the "arch=i386" flag to work but ML works as it is.

Enjoy,

Download Files:

GMA 4500M.zip

GMA4500M.png

• Like 8

• 6 months later...

Hi!

Sorry to be the one with bad news, but from the Intel GMA series, only the 950 ever had a 64-bit kext, yet this kext won't work properly with ML, sice it's from one of the earlier iterations of SL. GMA suppor ended with Lion and, even that time, it was for the X3100 and the 950 only. All others will, with much luck an clever workarounds like this one from Shane, give you at most native resolution support.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I am presently running the iAtkos ML2 project version of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with the 10.8.3 Combo update on an Toshiba Satellite L350-170 Laptop.

I have Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 4500M, this is kind of incomplete since there is no way of changing the resolutions.

I am also unable to install certain programs ie Logic Pro 9 simple because the GMA 4500M is showing as having o Ram; and no Quarter Extreme Capabilities.

Would be very much grateful if anyone knows a solution - And I thank you all in advance to any help that you may be able to offer.

Here I can partly reply to my own post since AppleIntelGMA4500FB2A42x64.kext has very kindly resolved the issues with screen resolutions.

​Still I would be very much pleased and grateful if someone was kind nought to help with the acceleration / Quarter Extreme Capabilities.

I thank you all in advance to any help that you may be able to offer. :help:

Hello, I am presently running the iAtkos ML2 project version of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with the 10.8.3 Combo update on an Toshiba Satellite L350-170 Laptop.

I have Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 4500M, this is kind of incomplete since there is no way of changing the resolutions.

I am also unable to install certain programs ie Logic Pro 9 simple because the GMA 4500M is showing as having o Ram; and no Quarter Extreme Capabilities.

Would be very much grateful if anyone knows a solution - And I thank you all in advance to any help that you may be able to offer.

I can't help with qe/ci, but I just wanted to mention that you can install logic pro with pacifist. This is how some of the powerPC users installed it when it first came out, because it had universal binary code but the actual installer was Intel only. I also did this on a friends netbook because he didn't have room for the exs24 samples but the installer required them to be installed.

I have no idea how logic will run without qe/ci though. My guess is at the very least Catch Playhead will have to be turned off to avoid glitches. Also probably turn off the string animation in sculpture.

• 5 months later...

Here I can partly reply to my own post since AppleIntelGMA4500FB2A42x64.kext has very kindly resolved the issues with screen resolutions.

Okay, so.. obviously a Hackintosh noob, but I installed this kext, rebooted, and I'm pretty sure that the screen resolution that it defaulted to was too much for my poor laptop to handle.  The solution provided by the OP didn't yield any results.  Any other ideas?  Running an old Acer Aspire 5738z, Pentium T4300, GMA 4500 (obviously..).  Any ideas?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

@Shaneee Thanks a million. I am struggling to find resolution solution for GMA 4500m on emachines e725 two days now. This one works!

I wanted to ask, dis someone had any success with installing of this driver:

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/1089-gma-x4500mmhdhd-64-bit-kext/

I instaled 64bit kext form "Laptop" folder, but when computer passes boot select options, apple logo appears for several second and after that screen goes black. After I removed kext using terminal it boots ok. 

Would installing such driver gain something on video performance, comparing to this solution? If yes, how to do it? Thanks.