1 reply to this topic

stangn99

stangn99

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi all,
I've been using my Hackintosh setup for a few years now with no issues.
My current setup is:

GA-E35-DS4
4GB RAM
1Tb drive
TPlink wifi (detected as airport with AirDrop support)
Q6600 + Tuniq Tower
Silent PowerSupply
PNY 8800GT 512Mb

I've been really happy with this hardware - super quiet. I've successfully used it with Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and now Mountain Lion.

Ever since Mountain Lion though, I've noticed the system slow down a bit. I know the hardware is getting older, so I feel like it may be time to start something new.

ANYWAY....

Any recommendations on a high performance Motherboard/CPU/VideoCard setup?

I'd prefer a smaller physical setup if possible, since my "office space" is limited and my current case is taking up a good amount of space.

Thanks for any tips, info, suggestions. My budget is around $600 for motherboard/cpu/video card and i would love to have a motherboard which doesn't require any hacks/dsdt and prefer if sleep worked!

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
They call them Hackintoshes for a reason :) Some boards may be a bit easier to get working than other's, but if you wan't everything to work otb Apple sells computers that can do that. Most gigabyte or ASUS boards aren't to difficult to get going though, check out the wiki to see what appeals to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy