TV Shows Play Like Crap on iTunes 7 In Windows!

sandmanfvrga

20 posts in this topic

This is {censored}. I downloaded a free tv show, hey it was free, and when I play it hangs, stutters and just plays like {censored}. What is the damn deal? I am starting to wonder if iTunes 7 is beta. It acts weird at home to.

i think sandman knows this is a mac website, hes been here quite awhile.

the same thing happened to me, except it was on a 1ghz p3 laptop from 2001 or so. i would think a p4 could do it easily, but i guess not. its probably something with decoding the mp4 while playing it.

This is a Mac website, I doubt you'll get a response. In Windows, I can play iTunes 7 Movies in iTunes 6. Works just fine.

Just because we are a Mac forum, doesn't mean that we don't help out people with Windows problems as well.

Now in response to your question sandmanfvrga, does it do this will all of the T.V. shows or just one in particular.

First off goodtime, get over yourself. If you don't want to be constructive I will report you to an admin/mod and they will deal with you. Period.

To everybody else, I got this show, Mr. Meaty, cause it was free and it is a funny little show off Nickolodeon(sp?). I don't have any other shows and I have played it all resolutions, shut down all apps in the background, etc and no go. On unlike goodtime thinks, this isn't a crappy free video, it is a full 12 minute premiere episode and it is high quality. I have no clue what the issue is.

You have many people who come onto the forums and flame you? If that's a normal pattern you may want to look inward.... My only complaint is the large empty space below your posts.... wastes so much page space....

Anyway.... Make sure you defrag your hard drive... make sure you don't have any startups that load when you turn on your computer. All those little icons near the clock are the startups. You should only have your antivirus and antispyware loaded. With only 512 meg of ram windows xp barely runs... So you should free up as much memory as possible to avoid windows swapping memory to the page file on the hard drive.

These are just general suggestions.... I'm sure you've looked into that.... To remove startups click on start then click on run and type in MSCONFIG and run that. Go to the startup tab and uncheck all the useless startups. Just keep your antivirus and antispyware programs.

my computer runs windows xp/windows vista/ubuntu linux (triple booting)

3 ghz intel p4 hyperthreading processor

1 gig dual channel ram

700 gig of hard drive space (1 400 gig hard drive and two 160 gig hard drives)

geforce 6800 gt 256 meg graphics card

soundblaster audigy 2

Asus motherboard

Itunes runs smooth as silk

My second machine in a hackintosh..... I triple boot that too with Windows xp/OS X 10.4.7 and Ubuntu linux

It's a 3 ghz celeron

512 meg dual channel ram

I just use the built in video on my motherboard (intel graphics)

No startups except antivirus and antispyware (windows defender is the best spyware program)

Itunes runs perfect and so do the videos. On both OSX and windows.

I ONLY use AVG for antivirus.... If you use Norton or Mcafee you get what you deserve.... Those slow down computers and cause more problems then they solve.... They are junk......

Also with Windows you should really reformat you computer about once a year and reinstall windows. If you don't your computer eventually slows down with all the junk that builds up in windows. It's hard to explain.

That's one reason I make a partition for my windows install only and leave the other partitions for data. That's so I can reinstall windows and erase that partition but keep the other partitions with my data intact.

This site is great, but has to many pricks on it. We got a mix of computer geeks from the Windows crowd, to the Mac crowd and the Linux crowd. I just don't put up with pricks that hide behind keyboards. I have stayed away from gwprod12 and his {censored} and he comes in here starting stuff. That isn't me.

On the space, I don't know, that is the forum man, don't blame me. I don't have an issue with it. Just space.

I have tried all that, I just think the newer quicktime/itunes requires more on the pc side than the mac side. I don't know. The pc I have at work runs some games like UT2004 great, but that video runs like a stutter fest. Don't know. No use going on, I am getting away from Windows very soon.

I had the same issue the first time I upgraded from iTunes 7 to 7.0.1 in WinXP and didn't reboot... the video files were playing really slow, like the machine was overloaded or something (but it wasn't) and I have a 3ghz cpu + x1600xt. First time I rebooted everything went fine and now all videos play smoothly... still trying to understand what caused it in the first place :thumbsup_anim: bottom line ---> better stay away from WinXP! :thumbsdown_anim:

Actually 2000 has an easer time in networking. We are Windows Server 2003/Active Directory with one Novell file server, which we are converting. The 2000 clients have easier time with communicating between the two. XP is slower in some instances, many techies here see that.

On the iTunes thing, I just think my PC is not enough. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well its obvious that the major problem here is that ur running windows as a main os. we all know that mac "just works".

p.s. 2000 would be faster then XP because its a lighter OS and required less memory the XP, it's just like how a command line interface works father then a gui because of less memory and cpu usage