• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I just got this MB, updated with patched bios, configured the BIOS correctly (AHCI, HPET, disabled ASMedia SATA3, etc), installed ML on my SSD, made a DSDT and some kexts (latest fakesmc + monitoring, Realtek kext). The only problem I'm having is that if I put a PCIe GPU in I get a KP. Tried both with my 9800GT and a 6870. I also tried with GE=Y and GE=No + Device properties for 9800GT + HD 4000. Always the same KP. Tried ncpi=0x2000 & ncpi=0x3000 with no luck. I just can't get it to boot.

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
It looks like you need to install nullcpupowermanagment kext....

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

It looks like you need to install nullcpupowermanagment kext....

but I have a patched BIOS that should take care of that! http://bios.zmac.net...30_modified.zip (from http://www.tonymacx8...-thread-34.html )

Also, I played with my DSDT a little more, I think the previous one was trash, with the new one this is what I get

(edit: forgot to attach image to large)

Attached File  DSCN0493.JPG   378.43KB   10 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.txt   340.6KB   12 downloads

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
Just try it with that kext and report the results... I don't know why the patched BIOS is not working for you.

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I get the same kp i'd say

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Boot with -v -s and then when you can type then type this code one line at a time to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext,

mount /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

schutdown -r now

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I'll try when I get home, but are you troubleshooting or "fixing" (if so, is there a more vanilla way)?

What does the kext do exactly?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
That kext is for Triple Chanel Memory. If you do not have Triple Chanel Memory it can cause a KP.

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Ok I completely solved that and the graphics. Now I only need to fix sleep and the sensors (5v reports random value, some are missing -in comparison to windows- etc), which I understand is done by editing the DSDT and something about ACPISensors.kext -or whatever it's called, part of fakesmc monitoring kexts; could someone elaborate on this?

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
What is happening with sleep?

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

What is happening with sleep?

It goes "down" but I can't wake it up thru bluetooth (I don't really care about this), and if I press a key on my USB keyboard it goes thru the motions of coming on, but the screen never goes "on"

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
I will take a look at the DSDT today and get back to you.

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
No rush, thanks.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
After looking at the DSDT I am not sure what is happening. I have never been good at trouble shooting waking issues other then if the system wakes right away.

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hmm... I miss the LED on my x58 Extreme... I never got sleep to work but someone with ACPI knowledge would have been able to real easy, it showed every single process in the boot sequence... You could easily know if video wasn't posting, RAM, etc... Back on topic: would the original DSDT + the rest of the tables help?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Hmm... I miss the LED on my x58 Extreme... I never got sleep to work but someone with ACPI knowledge would have been able to real easy, it showed every single process in the boot sequence... You could easily know if video wasn't posting, RAM, etc... Back on topic: would the original DSDT + the rest of the tables help?

Like I said I just don;t know...

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Ok, thanks for your help anyhow! How do you recommend I proceed, just leave this thread open and wait, bump it every so often, open a new thread...?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
Open a new thread and with great detail explain what the system is doing. Then post your DSDT and IOreg (From IOreg App) and see what other users say.

You could try manually testing the different sleep modes in the BIOS by enabling only one at a time an see which ones work. Try S1 and S3 first.

adriangb

adriangb

adriangb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I actually just figured out sleep IS working. It just takes ~1m to wake up (and about 20s to go to sleep). IDK if I was too impatient before, or I changed something in the BIOS that helped (I wasn't too methodical about this). It would still be nice to get that down to a couple seconds (as it should be), as currently I can boot faster than I can wake up from sleep, making the latter kind of pointless.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,026 posts
Look at this:

http://osxdaily.com/...kes-from-sleep/

Run the code in terminal and post the output.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy