osx 10.8 HD3000/GT 540M issue (toshiba p750)

pawnjj

22 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

First of all would like to thank the community for bringing so much information icon_thumbup.gif !

I've been trying to install iatkos L2 for 2 days but I am now stuck and I really need your help

(ps:I looked for answers on every single website icon_crazy.gif)

I have a toshiba p750 (intel core i7 ; GT 540M/intel HD3000)

The problem was that I couldn't boot after installation (with chameleon) I got stuck on the apple logo, when I used -x I could see it recognised a 450M (I didn't install any vga kext to avoid that banghead.gif)

So I tried -x ; graphicsenabler=yes & no

I tried to reinstall iATKOS L2 with chimera 1.6, which is a better option apparently for my graphic card, I didn't install any vga kext again

Right now when I use GraphicsEnabler=No it looks like everythings work fine, I can turn on and off the volume by pressing the buttons on my laptop, the wifi led is also turning on & off,there's a music that turns on (meaning the installation was a success??) but the problem is that I can only see that apple logo. In my opinion it is definitly a problem coming from the graphic card(s) but I am not sure and I really don't know what to do right nowicon_e_sad.gif I thought that without any vga kext it would recognise the intel HD3000 immediately and work fine icon_neutral.gif

Any idea, suggestion?

Thanks in advance, I really like the spirit of the forum (opensource forever :weight_lift:) and it would be a pleasure to help you guys in the near futur (why noticon_mrgreen.gif ?!)

edit: osx 10.7 not 10.8 :)

Edited by pawnjj

Try deleting the NVIDIA kexts in /System/Library/Extensions on the partition you installed to. This should boot you up with Intel HD 3000 graphics working.

So I deleted the NVIDIA Kexts by using the console with the cd boot

"rm -rf /volumes/PARTITIONNAME/Systems/Library/Extensions/kextname"

(I also used ubuntu to explore the folder and see what kexts I have)

That's what I get now when I boot on the HD with GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v

dsc00394g.th.jpg

I read on another post that deleting the ATI kext can help too but do you think it is necessary?

:help:

You need to inject the Nvidia card into your DSDT and the issue should be fixed. Please post your extracted DSDT.

"Here to Help" Thanks a lot for your answer, but I don't know how to do that, but I'm still trying to find solutions and I would be really thankfull if you could give me any indication :)

EDIT: When I boot from the CD, from the System Information panel I can see that the PCI is not recognised, does it have any relation with my problem??

Sorry for my nooby questions :bag:

Hey guys!

So I did some modification, I'm having a Triple Boot right now (mac, linux, windows seven) , it's pretty awesome!

But I'm still stuck with my mac install, That's what I get when I boot using: GraphicsEnabler=No -v

(I have a problem with the appleintelhdgraphics / Hd3000graphic kexts)

dsc00401lv.th.jpg

Tell me if you have any suggestion !! Thanks a lot :)

Move Graphics Kexts INTEL:boot whit -s

mount /

mkdir /KextOff/

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv AppleIntel****.**** /KextOff

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -r now

Done, and now I got this...

dsc00403bo.th.jpg

EDIT:

IT'S WORKIIIIIING !! :D

I went on Windows and I installed MacDrive8, I just had to delete all the apple-intel kexts that I already had !!!

I didn't sleep for 2 days and it was actually so simple ... I'd like to thank you guys, even if you just gave me a quick answer but, it helped me to understand the problems I was facing and to figure out a solution :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT 2: I'm in love with this forum :wub:

mv AppleIntel****.**** /KextOff < this moves more than just the intel graphics kexts... and you don't even need to mess with them

If you have optimus and a locked bios theres a 1% chance that you can use your Nvidia card, hence you must remove the Nvidia kexts not the Intel Graphics ones..

So restore them:

/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /KextOff
mv AppleIntel****.**** /System/Library/Extensions/
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
mv NVDAGF100Hal.kext /KextOff
mv NVDAResman.kext /KextOff
shutdown -r now

If you still encounter errors then it's because iAtkos installed the wrong smbios.plist. Do you have a fully working Windows install? We can use that to fix it quite easy.

And for the love of all that's good. Don't link using Imageshack... use the built in forum attachments or any other image sharing site.

• Like 1

mv AppleIntel****.**** /KextOff < this moves more than just the intel graphics kexts... and you don't even need to mess with them

If you have optimus and a locked bios theres a 1% chance that you can use your Nvidia card, hence you must remove the Nvidia kexts not the Intel Graphics ones..

So restore them:

/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /KextOff
mv AppleIntel****.**** /System/Library/Extensions/
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
mv NVDAGF100Hal.kext /KextOff
mv NVDAResman.kext /KextOff
shutdown -r now

If you still encounter errors then it's because iAtkos installed the wrong smbios.plist. Do you have a fully working Windows install? We can use that to fix it quite easy.

And for the love of all that's good. Don't link using Imageshack... use the built in forum attachments or any other image sharing site.

I moved all those kexts and now I can boot and answer you directly from my mac install :)

Right now I'm looking for working kexts because even when I only had the intelhd3000 kexts I couldn't boot

also I boot with : GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1

And I promise I won't use Imageshack again :P

Check the smbios. Laptop requires macbookpro 8,1+ board id set. If it;s the board id of a Mac Pro then the intel graphic kexts won't get loaded :)

If it's a Mac Pro change the SMbordproduct to Mac-94245B3640C91C81 SMproductname to MacBookPro8,1 (or 2 or 3) and SMfamily to MacBook Pro

I forgot to ask, do you have a 3D screen? Usually laptop owners with 3D screens can get the nvidia card to work.

Thanks for your help Doix ^_^

So, I tried to use these kexts here: http://www.osx86.net...3000_0x116.html and I changed the smbios:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>02/29/08</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MBP83.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacBookPro</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacBookPro8' date='3</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>G88014V4XYK</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>

</dict>

</plist>

[/quote']

can't boot right now, I don't know what's wrong (the kexts or the smbios)

I forgot to ask, do you have a 3D screen? Usually laptop owners with 3D screens can get the nvidia card to work.

It's not a 3D screen, and my graphic card (540m gt) is used with nvidia optimus <_<

Awh too bad, you're stuck with the Intel one like myself.

In my smbios the SMfamily is MacBook Pro with a space. I'm not sure wether it makes any difference but beside this your smbios is fine. As for the kexts, there's no need to use custom ones, the chameleon boot loader handles the injection so it works natively with the already present kexts. Using other "modified" ones may actually break.

What error do you encounter now? I forgot to ask (again) do you have a full HD screen or a HD screen? (FHD = 1920x1080) FHD Screens needs dual link patch applied in order to load the kexts properly.

So I changed to MacBook Pro it didn't work

Then I deleted all the appleintel kexts and I kept that smbios,,, didn't work either

So this smbios is probably not compatible with my laptop, I changed it to the old one and now I can boot (of course I still don't have any appleintel kext)

I forgot to ask (again) do you have a full HD screen or a HD screen? (FHD = 1920x1080) FHD Screens needs dual link patch applied in order to load the kexts properly.

I have a normal 1366x768 screen

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>02/29/08</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro3' date='1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>G88014V4XYK</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>

</dict>

</plist>

[/quote']

yeah I'm still using the boot loader from iatkos l2 (with chimera 1,6) do you know any boot loader that works fine with the intelhd??

Every recent bootloader works fine. I recomment Enoch by ErmaC. I don't even know why chimera got so famous for working with intel HD... Enoch-rev.2045.pkg.zip from http://www.insanelym...pic=231075&st=0

It's weird indeed that you can use MacPro to boot but not the appropriate MacBookPro one with the kexts loaded. Update your boot loader, restore the original kexts don't forget to rebuilt kextcache (kext wizard is a good tool to do that) then set the smbios back to 8,1 and try again.

Hey Doix!!

Thank you so much! I installed enoch, and it's muuuuuch better!

I also installed a 540m gt kext but it's a bit weird, it still shows a resolution of 1024x768 in the parameters (I'm sure it changed to 1366x768) and I don't see anymore the intel hd3000 in the system information. I don't use any of the intelhd kexts. I have to find a way to "disable" the intel graphic card (picture 2), so that the nvidia can be enabled

Ps: It's in french :P

capturedcran20120815220.th.png1

capturedcran20120815222.th.png2

(sorry for using imageshack but I didn't find how to upload pictures I'm such a nooby :worried_anim: )

I changed the smbios to the macbookpro 8,1 and I can boot now ^_^

You're welcome... but remove the GT540m kext and reinstall the Intel HD ones.. trust me I know what i'm talking about. You can't get the nvidia to work under a locked bios or without heavy programming skills.

http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2315 < more here. I've dedicated (read: wasted) months of my life, systematically debunking every idea i had.

Best pray to find a unlocked bios (if it's even unlockable) then set the Nvidia GPU as primary in the bios. Note: not all bioses, even unlocked, allow users to do this, some - if not most - just disable the laptop screen completely.

Also, battery life will be pretty low due to having both cards active, temps will be a bit higher as well but this depends on the hardware position.

Uhm, www.imgur.com or click "Use Full Editor/More Reply Options" then you have a button "attach files" after uploading click on "insert into post"

Alright, so I deleted the nvidia kext and I reinstalled the appleintel kexts as you told me (I really don't want to touch the bios :P ). I checked on a thousand forums what was wrong, and I checked if the device id in the kext's info was correct etc... but nothing is changing I still have 64mb and "apparently" a resolution of 1024x768...

Do you know how it is possible to save a log (of the verbose mode screen)?

I found out I probably have a problem with my processors (I can't use more than one/cpus=1) and it's scares me off ! That could also help me to understand why the kexts are not loading.

Cheers

Hey, firstly, consider doing a full Repair Permissions/Rebuild Kext Cache job in Kext Wizard.

Can you boot without cpus=1 ? If yes, then you don't have a problem with it.

Are you using NULLCPUPowerManagement.kext ? If so, you need to install a patched AppleIntelCPUPOwerManagement.kext for your OS Version and remove the NULLCPU one. Kext installing must be done with kext wizard.

I don't know if chameleon saves the verbose log.

And finally, boot with UseKernelCache=No after you executed the maintenance job in Kext Wizard.

• 1 month later...