10.8.1 beta

tdtran1025

25 posts in this topic

osxmountainlion1081.png

Small–36MB–and less than 2 minutes to complete.

The machine rebooted without any noticeable changes for all I can tell.

Edited by fantomas1
Title updated ! This is the one first beta, we don't know if this will be only one or there will be some more !

is a HOAX....

not exist now 10.8.1.........beta.... nothing

here Derty : http://www.insanelym...howtopic=281705

Yep, its an dev download but really exist as 10.8.1 . Netkas listed the very less things changed (kernel, mail, DNS, ...)

http://netkas.org/?p=1195

Kernel stayed on 12.0.0 ! I don't know how he could see that the kernel has changed ! :huh:

ML 10.8.1 build 12B13.png

"Kernel stayed on 12.0.0 ! I don't know how he could see that the kernel has changed !"

I think the kernel changes info from netkas is because the .pkg has an (new) kernel file within. I think, even if the kernel version not changed it is different (MD5). I will check that MD5 and tell.

EDIT: YES, kernel has changes. MD5 changed.

• Like 1

Handsoff (like Little Snitch) told init problem (not happend with B13). Maybe needs an update or only an one time problem.

Same here, and have to uncheck and recheck Remote Management after reboot for screen sharing to connect. I'll look into it more later.

Edit: flushing DNS cache fixed a couple little problems and in Grow Voice had to delete and re-add my account. Handsoff! still not working after uninstall, reinstall. Cinebench crash on launch. So far nothing good that would warrant updating. For me, B17 is a Bomber.

i can see much DNS related errors in the console log since B13/B17. So i also nor recommend that on hackintosh - we have no benebit only problems with that.

LOL, saw your post on Macupdate too while googling, same error code. Looking at the installer script, looks like the problem is in this section:
# Install daemon.
${CP} -R "${DAEMON_SRC}" "${DAEMON_DST}" >> ${HANDSOFF_INSTALL_LOG} 2>&1 ; UNINSTALL_AND_EXIT_ON_ERROR 4 "cp daemon"
${MKDIR} -p "${DAEMON_PLIST_DST_DIR}" ; EXIT_ON_ERROR 4 "mkdir daemon"
${CP} -R "${DAEMON_PLIST_SRC}" "${DAEMON_PLIST_DST}" >> ${HANDSOFF_INSTALL_LOG} 2>&1 ; UNINSTALL_AND_EXIT_ON_ERROR 4 "cp daemon plist"
${LAUNCHCTL} load -w "${DAEMON_PLIST_DST}" >> ${HANDSOFF_INSTALL_LOG} 2>&1 ; UNINSTALL_AND_EXIT_ON_ERROR 4 "launctl daemon"
INCREMENT_PROGRESS_BAR

I think handsoff problem is not an install problem.

I can see this in the log:

2012/8/18 12:51:18 repatching kernel for symbols...

2012/8/18 12:51:24 got kernel state: 4

So changes in newer kernel (the patch cant know) may make this failure. No probs i think dev will update soon - at least when 10.8.1 final is out.

I have another and pretty strange issue, i must admit it! And it's the first time it's happened! It's about my Logitech K260 keypad don't work while it worked fine under the build 12B13!

it work fine under Lion 10.7.5 build 11G36 and Win 7 x64 too!

:huh:

I have another and pretty strange issue, i must admit it! And it's the first time it's happened! It's about my Logitech K260 keypad don't work while it worked fine under the build 12B13!

it work fine under Lion 10.7.5 build 11G36 and Win 7 x64 too!

:huh:

Not an answer to your problem, but it did make me look and see Logitech finally updated LCC (a few months ago really, I'm slow) to 3.6.0.35, so thank you :)

Edit: Reinstalled B13 using Pacifist, so any files not present in both updates are still there, all works fine again. It wouldn't take too much trouble to narrow down the exact cause, but for an update that does not seem to provide any benefits that I can see, not worth the time or trouble.

PS: Little Snitch 3 does work with B17, handsoff will need an update i think.

Handsoff! update was released about an hour after I rolled back to B13. Now B17 with updated Handsoff! both working great! Didn't expect them to update it so quickly, they must have heard you :) I bought Handsoff! when Little Snitch was taking too long to get working version for early ML DP's and would prefer to stick with the same app, my hat's off to the devs for addressing the issue now instead of waiting for official release from Apple!