iAtkos S3 v2 on MSi S6000 ms-16D3

treyhamilton25

55 posts in this topic

Followed that guide. Now I'm getting

Still waiting for root device

Still waiting for root device...

Ugh..

Tried to update again. idk why my laptop hates me. Anyway, booting normal gets kernel panic. Will upload a pic shortly. Commands just get me stuck at apple screen.

Well I gave up on installing lion. I'll just stick to Snow Leopard. I've gotten lion installed on a dell Inspiron N7110 but it sticks at the apple screen. It's going through the setup though because I can hear the guy talking. But no visual. I've tried different commands, with no luck. Only thing I can think is I shouldn't have installed iopcifamily kext in the setup. But others are saying delete all the applintelhd kexts. Can't do that because of no visual.

As far as my msi, I just want to get a fully updated snow Leo and be done with it. Think you could give me some insight?

Well I gave up on installing lion. I'll just stick to Snow Leopard. I've gotten lion installed on a dell Inspiron N7110 but it sticks at the apple screen. It's going through the setup though because I can hear the guy talking. But no visual. I've tried different commands, with no luck. Only thing I can think is I shouldn't have installed iopcifamily kext in the setup. But others are saying delete all the applintelhd kexts. Can't do that because of no visual.

As far as my msi, I just want to get a fully updated snow Leo and be done with it. Think you could give me some insight?

If you wan't to stick with SL look at this thread. It might help out a bit,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=269841

Yup. I wish I could upload a pic with my phone. It shows the verbose texts. And plays sound too. Only thing I see that errors is

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Other than that I see no errors and I hear sound.

Yup. I wish I could upload a pic with my phone. It shows the verbose texts. And plays sound too. Only thing I see that errors is

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Other than that I see no errors and I hear sound.

What are the specs of the Dell?

Stuck on verbose screen with no sound now. I can get into -s and type. But when I exit it stays on that screen and sounds starts playing. Idk if -s can help or not.

Back on my SnowLeo now.. But cant uload pics of screen because it wont read my iphone..

Stuck on verbose screen with no sound now. I can get into -s and type. But when I exit it stays on that screen and sounds starts playing. Idk if -s can help or not.

Back on my SnowLeo now.. But cant uload pics of screen because it wont read my iphone..

Are any USB devices working on SL? If not boot with USBLegacyOff=Yes

Yea, I have a flash drive plugged in, usb mouse because touchpad wont work, and my phone is charging. itunes says it cant make a secure connection to it..

Search for ApplePS2 kexts for the touchpad to work. Not sure about the itunes error. Is id updated to the latest version?