nForce OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce 650i and 650i Ultra nForce 750i and 780i nForce 790i and 790i Ultra Possibly nForce 630i nForce 680i

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Kilopopo

Kilopopo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
hey verdant does your machine sleeps and wakes up properly?

thanks
kilopopo

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >
@ kilopopo

Sleep and wake has not worked properly on my 650i nForce chipset MOBO since OS X 10.5.6.......iLeopod tried for a long time with his 680i MOBO to fix the sleep/wake problem by DSDT modding but came to the conclusion that it was not possible..........

So from OS X 10.5.8 onwards, I have not paid much attention to sleep/wake...........

XxXPachaXxX

XxXPachaXxX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello, i have an Asus P5n-D nForce 750i motherboard and i tried to install Mountain Lion with the kekst for nforce. The installation is started and completed but i can't boot up after it. I have 2HDD in raid0 with Windows 8 and a standard sata HDD with 2 partitions, one ntfs for storage and one hsf+ where i have installed the OSX. But after installation i can't boot osx because there aren't any bootloader, so i've made a "usb boot disk" with chameleon or chimera and during boot i select my hdd hfs partition with osx installation. With -v -f npci=x2000 PCIRootUID line i can boot until this point....help me please Posted Image

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ XxXPachaXxX

I have not checked in a long while and so I could now be wrong, but as far as I am aware, it is still the case that you cannot run MOBO/BIOS native software RAID i.e. fake-RAID with OS X (ONLY Apple's own OS X software RAID works), although hardware RAID using a RAID PCI-E card may work..... e.g. with Sil3124 or Sil3132 chipsets....

So, it could be because you have used BIOS RAID for Windows 8 HDD.........try disconnecting your Windows HDDs from the MOBO temporarily and reset your BIOS settings against my OS X settings for the 750i chipset and see what happens......

If you still have problems, put the OS X volume as the first physical primary partition on the SATA HDD, if it is not already, and follow my retail install guide......

XxXPachaXxX

XxXPachaXxX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
And if i disconnect raid devices, then when i will reconnect them, will they works? Can i lost raid partition in this way? However, if i install osx on a usb drive, can i solve the problem without disconnect the raid devices? using "rd=DiskX" as boot flag?

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ XxXPachaXxX

At present all you are doing is trying to isolate the cause of the "still waiting for boot device" problem...........so just do one step at a time......once the cause is identified, then solutions can be considered.......

brandoc0mmand0

brandoc0mmand0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I somehow royally screwed myself...

System has been running fine for months, but recently it has become unstable and freezes often so I started messing with BIOS settings and made it even worse. I reset the BIOS, so now I dont know exactly what all the settings are supposed to be, and haven't found a definitive settings guide...

I was going to update the DSDT file, so i removed it from root, put on desktop.

Now when I boot, it gets all the way to the OS, but I have no video. I can hear the system sounds, so i know it booted, I just dont have any video.

Please help! I feel like such an idiot for messing with it >_<

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ brandoc0mmand0

For BIOS settings, see my template (download link and explanation of the template in my nForce OS X Leopard guide) for the 790i:

Attached File  Series7_nForce_Chipset_BIOS_SettingsV2.pdf   51.93KB   20 downloads

and match the settings for the BIOS parameters in the template that are in your BIOS...........and then boot with -v -x and see what happens......

brandoc0mmand0

brandoc0mmand0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@ Verdant

Thanks for the BIOS settings, downloaded it for future reference.

Booted with -v -x, still no dice.

Everything seems to run fine until the OS loads and I have no video at all. =/

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ brandoc0mmand0

Is that with or without your DSDT.aml file back in / directory?

brandoc0mmand0

brandoc0mmand0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@ Verdant

Without, I removed it thinking I could boot back in, and create a new file. rookie mistake >_<

Is there any way to put it back in the directory?

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
Do you also have Windows running on the same PC?

brandoc0mmand0

brandoc0mmand0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@Verdant

No windows, OSX installation only =/

I have a bootable ML USB drive if that helps or makes any difference..

I do however, have a macbook on the same network, and can see the "Mac Pro" under the shared devices...

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ brandoc0mmand0

If you can boot into OS X on your bootable ML USB drive on the same PC and the video display is OK, then the PC OS X HDD should be accessible enabling you to move the DSDT.aml file from the Desktop directory back into the root directory.......

brandoc0mmand0

brandoc0mmand0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@Verdant

I have also tried to boot into OSX using the bootable ML USB, but same issue. Once the OS loads, I have no video.

The weird thing is, i KNOW the OS is loaded and working, because i hit the esc key, and i hear the OSX error sound.

Is there some way i can SSH into the machine?

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ brandoc0mmand0

Since I presume that you have the DSDT.aml file in / on your bootable ML USB drive, it should have booted OK, so I think the issue is not with your DSDT.aml file......?

So try the following:

1. Disconnect the PC from mains power, remove the CMOS battery and wait for 10 minutes.
2. Re-insert the CMOS battery and reconnect the PC to mains power and boot the PC from the bootable ML USB drive

and see what happens.....

Sorry I forgot to remind you that when you reboot the PC in step 2., you will need to re-enter your OS X BIOS settings and then boot from the bootable ML USB drive......

brandoc0mmand0

brandoc0mmand0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@Verdant

I just checked the bootable USB, and do not see a DSDT.aml file in the root.

I do see the Extras folder with extensions.

I disconnected from power and removed the CMOS battery.

Will boot in a few mins and let you know what happens.

Do I need to have the DSDT.aml in root in order to boot?
Before I got the system running and booting off the HDD, I was using the ML USB and it would boot fine.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ brandoc0mmand0

Not having the DSDT.aml in root should not prevent the PC booting........

brandoc0mmand0

brandoc0mmand0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@Verdant

Still no dice....cant boot with either the HDD or the ML USB...tried all sorts of boot flags too....

I'm afraid I may have destroyed it and will have to start from scratch again =(

I have a time machine backup however....would that even work to restore my system after everything is installed?

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ brandoc0mmand0

Try the following:

1. Disconnect the PC from mains power, remove the CMOS battery and the graphics card and then wait for 30 minutes.
2. Re-insert the CMOS battery and the graphics card, reconnect the PC to mains power and boot the PC from the bootable ML USB drive

and see what happens.....

Just a thought........check your PC BIOS to see if there is a parameter for selecting which MOBO slot the graphics card is in......

Edited by verdant, 15 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nForce chipset + Intel CPU, nForce 650i and 650i Ultra, nForce 750i and 780i, nForce 790i and 790i Ultra, Possibly nForce 630i, nForce 680i

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy